It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Poor scouting I’d call it. Two senior fullbacks for 60 games and a World Cup in between. Scary
Do you honestly think that we'd have won 6 PL titles, 4 in the last 5 seasons with poor scouting!!!

There's a month to go before the window closes! Just be patient, let things play out and see where we are in September.

Why not we've replaced strikers with wingers and won. If Pep says we can now replace one of those wingers with a striker I'm sure we can. Alvaez is pretty much a direct Jesus replacement from the little I've seen of him.
Sad thing is Pep doesn't decide, it's Txiki..
Pep wants Cucurella but it's up to Txiki if we're actually gonna get him or not.
Chelsea sources are reporting that Cucurella apparently still wants to wait a bit since he prefers City.. This is sad.
Meanwhile, Aguero saying what needs to be said:

Pep wants Cucurella but it's up to Txiki if we're actually gonna get him or not.
Chelsea sources are reporting that Cucurella apparently still wants to wait a bit since he prefers City.. This is sad.

Sergio was a very good player. Not the brightest individual though.

Our management team know what they are doing. Patience and trust.

Who told you that ? Doubt Txiki has ever decided a single tranfser on his own.He has certailnly never decided what the limit to the budget on any player is.Aguero is wrong we didn't sell Sterling, Sterling decided to move.

To call it a ‘very average summer’ I think you are taking a pretty pessimistic view.

We’ve signed one of the two most exciting forwards in world football. Replaces Sterling in the squad for arguments sake.

We’ve signed a promising Argentine who on initial viewing looks like he’s got a similar appetite and hunger as Gabby.

We’ve replaced an aging Fern with a lad who has good PL experience, is coming into his prime and was keen to join us and us only.

We’ve signed a more reliable back up keeper.

I’m as concerned as most that we’ve not got a full back in as yet but hopefully that will be addressed before the end of the window.

For periods on here for the last few years the three who have left have been consistently criticised for their output or lack of consistency - now that they’ve left they’ve suddenly been given deity-like status.

A refresh of the squad is probably for the best. Other than LB the general thinning of bodies concerns me as well - if McAtee gets his loan that will only really leave us with Wilson-Esbrand, Mbete, Palmer and Delap to beef up the bench, particularly when there are any injuries.

Apologies for a bit of a ramble but I think any of our potential options for LB would be good to get nailed down, other than that we have a fabulous squad of the highest quality.

I also don’t believe that Pep is ‘left hanging’ by the rest of the management team with a ‘light’ squad, I don’t think you get the best manager in the world then try and make his job harder. He will be aware of everything that is going on.
Good post.

So true about the players that have left, especially Raheem. He was the perennial whipping boy, lambasted everyday, yet now we won't win without him.

I agree about the squad depth too, i had all those youngsters in a squad of 25.

Gvardiol would only make sense in the event that Chelsea panic, come back and pay up for Ake.

I can see the appeal from City's perspective of upgrading on Ake with a player more comfortable at left back, and signing a cheaper option in Gomez to replace Zinchenko.
I think Gvardiol would make sense as the LB signing. Comfortable playing there, he is fast, decent dribbling, great at carrying the ball forward, still very young and "moldable" under Pep. Could obviously also play CB if we need him there. Would offer us more in attack than Walker if we want our fullbacks to go forward (by playing Gvardiol as LB and Cancelo as RB), and would offer more than Cancelo in defense if we need our fullbacks to play a bit more defensively (by playing Gvardiol as LB and Walker as RB).

With that said I dont think we will sign him, even if I believe he would be a great signing. But I do think someone like Gomez for example seems a bit more realistic.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.