It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

SUMMARY: For any visitors who look in on this thread and want a quick update but no more…

1 Out

McAtee

0 In

Full Back Situation: Brief excitement after being strongly linked to a left back a certain Sergio Gomez at Anderlecht. However it turned out he is a back up at best and more likely a CFG signing. A rogue story from Germany (Bild) suggested City was about to bid £80 million for Gvardiol but there isn’t anyone else corroborating this story.

5 days to the start of our season.

The window closes 11PM on 1st September (28 days left)

I’ll post one of these most evenings around this time on this thread

You are welcome.

Please note this isn’t a summary of what is in the news, what I reckon or what will definitely happen. It’s only a summary of what is currently being discussed on the transfer forum

What's our plan here?

My (wild) guess: Gvardiol and Gomez in for 85m, Zinch and Ake out for 75m.

Gvardiol can play both at CB and LB, same as Ake then, but, apparently, with a much higher ceiling than Ake. If we sign Gvardiol we'll let Ake go.

Gomez's profil seems a bit similar to Zinch's: a versatile left footed player who can play at LB.

Problem is that Leipzig don't want to let Gvardiol move even for 70m...

What's our plan here?

My (wild) guess: Gvardiol and Gomez in for 85m, Zinch and Ake out for 75m.

Gvardiol can play both at CB and LB, same as Ake then, but, apparently, with a much higher ceiling than Ake. If we sign Gvardiol we'll let Ake go.

Gomez's profil seems a bit similar to Zinch's: a versatile left footed player who can play at LB.

Problem is that Leipzig don't want to let Gvardiol move even for 70m...

Where is the Ake out coming from?

Gomez is a CFG signing

Translated:

The #CityGroup of #ManchesterCity, led by Pere #Guardiola (Pep's brother) wants to sign Sergio #Gomez to loan him to #GironaFC! Offer of 7M€ + 3M€ in bonus on the table of #Anderlecht who hopes for it #ManCity

another reputable journo quotes the same and cites that source.

Gomez is a CFG signing

Translated:

The #CityGroup of #ManchesterCity, led by Pere #Guardiola (Pep's brother) wants to sign Sergio #Gomez to loan him to #GironaFC! Offer of 7M€ + 3M€ in bonus on the table of #Anderlecht who hopes for it #ManCity

another reputable journo quotes the same and cites that source.

Might be. Might not be. Other teams in the group have to sign players too!

If he's a player bought for Girona, then it will have no impact on what we intend to do regarding a LB.

In the course of my job, I've had the "pleasure" of meeting a man with four toes. Not four toes on one foot but only four toes! I don't know why he told me this information and I haven't a clue how he walks with only four toes. I'd think it would be difficult.

And don't feel sorry for him. He's a right dick!

Maybe they're really fucking big toes?

Where is the Ake out coming from?

Ake will want to play, and if we get Gvardiol, Ake won't play many minutes before the WC... Ake will be our 5th choice CB and our 3rd choice LB...

75 m for Gvardiol is a bit too much, but if we sell Ake, then it might be good business (provided Gvardiol is such a big talent in the 1st place, don't know much about him).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.