It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

We've tried to sign Gvardiol. Maybe we are trying to sign him as we speak.

This tells us the club is more ambitious in the transfer market than some of us realise. The club aims at better signings than most of us would settle for.

It's a weird position to be in isn't it. Signing a world class striker and a huge prospect from Argentina yet, due to departures, feeling like we aren't in the right shape for this season. Ortega is a great addition too I would add.

But defensively having the issues we do at CB where Ake, Stones, Laporte and Dias have all had recent injuries and the former two are often injured and then having Walker and Cancelo as full backs, with cover having to come from Ake/Stones or at CB from Phillips...concerning.

That's just where I am, at the moment. The window still has nearly a month left, and I am generally positive that the club will sign one or two more. And I will be excited, and happy-clap it all.

As it stands however, I think we are noticeably weaker (despite obvious improvements in 2 positions) than last season. And no amount of selectively shuffling names on paper and bigging up kids already here can convince me otherwise. Till the squad changes further at least.

IIRC, Bild reported earlier than any English media about Haaland to City.

And Ortega, when we all had to google him. And many others. Their jouralists like Falk do talk shit, as much as our own, when they have opinion pieces to fill. But when it comes to reporting transfer developments, Bild rarely do sweeping guesses and speculation. If they are reporting transfer activity in Germany, someone somehwere has heard something, it isn't a wing it and see job.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.