It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

I don’t understand this surely clubs should either be allowed to do what they want or the rules should be clear like your wage bill had to be x % of revenue or certain aspects of revenue. Or have Barcelona just ignored the rules or is their calculator broke ? What happens if they cannot register players Will the deals fall through or do they just go out on loan ?
La liga rules state the wage bill must not be over x amount of turnover and Barcelona's wage bill is too high.

The deals have already been completed, if they don't bring the wage bill down then players can't be registered and they simply won't play.

As of now 5 new signings and 2 current players who have signed new deals (dembele and someone else) can't be registered

La liga rules state the wage bill must not be over x amount of turnover and Barcelona's wage bill is too high.

The deals have already been completed, if they don't bring the wage bill down then players can't be registered and they simply won't play.

As of now 5 new signings and 2 current players who have signed new deals (dembele and someone else) can't be registered
I thought Woodward was the worst thing that could happen to a football club but the clowns at Barca have gone above and beyond even Woodwards fuckwittery. Unless Tebas is manipulating the league rules to help Real which isn't out of the realms of possibility.

Plus Marcos Alonso is apparently signing for them as well. No chance Silva leaves this summer
If Bernie were to leave for Barca then the way things stand, he wouldn't just be giving up Champions league football for Europa league, he would be giving up competitive football full stop, as he won't be registered to play, I hope he has the sense to swerve any move there whilst Barca are In this mess, maybe see how It Is when his contract runs out, after what Gavi has reputedly said about Barca signing Bernie and everything else on top, surely his alarm bells must be ringing, hope he goes with his gut feeling.

Dunno.
I'm still perplexed as to how much money they can generate without selling the stadium, players or the club in the end. They've sold a portion of their domestic rights for a period of time. They've sold part of their inhouse studio. They talked about selling part of their merchandise business. They haven't even talked about selling anything related to their so called museum. They've already started selling NFTs of their former players. The one they made for Cruyff sold for close to 700,000 in the US at auction.
Their ability to generate funds based on their reputation and not on field performance seems unlimited which is strange.

They sold their inhouse studio to a company called socios.com
Maybe someone can shed some light on whether or not that is a related business. Does anyone here think Man City TV is worth 400 million?

It's all so very strange which tells you all you need to know about how bent this business is.

Would you rather a different manager?

I know I wouldn't.
Not at all, I was merely making a point and just my opinion. The match-day 'guess the line-up' thread underlines my point. Pep is the most successful manager in Europe over the past 15 years of that there is no doubt. Surely there has been the odd occasion when even the most ardent of fans query the occasional decision?

Not at all, I was merely making a point and just my opinion. The match-day 'guess the line-up' thread underlines my point. Pep is the most successful manager in Europe over the past 15 years of that there is no doubt. Surely there has been the odd occasion when even the most ardent of fans query the occasional decision?
You weren't questioning one decision you questioned his "laid back attitude to positional play".

Its the sheer arragence of the club (Barca)that pisses me off, every man and their dog know,s that they have to reduce their wage bill. Now everyone can have their own view if this is fair or not but it is in the with the rules set by LaLiga. So how the fuck did they think they were going to get away with increasing the wage bill.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.