It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Probably one of the most heart-breaking thing to me, is the lack of reporting from almost all mainstream media of just how good our academy actually is. From the lucrative transfers this summer, to the titles that we have won, to actually having them on the bench, and playing, despite the mountains of cash that we have.

We have one of the best academies in the world, it's one of the driving forces behind our positive net spend. It's started to generate talent that has succeeded, and will succeed outside our CFG. We have loaned out so many of them, to so many leagues, and our scouting and openness is top notch.

If this was Liverpool, or Manchester United, they would not stop talking about it. I hope we get to see more of them this season.
I suppose the ones who value our Academy Certified Graduates are those Clubs that actually buy them.
That part of the business plan is working so let those in the know keep coming back for their quality purchases and we can live without media approval.

Lukaku and pogba both looked the business in Italy and once they returned they looked awful that's why I included them. If the board signing him I will back him 100% I personally worry about how players will adjust to the Premier league when coming from Italy.
I would say the league matter is quite overblown. I believe its much more down to the player. So we can agree to disagree on Leao.

What? We are just missing a left back. If everything was that easy…
We aren’t even missing a left back because Cancelo is probably the best player in the world playing left back.

We are actually in a better situation at left back now than we were in the clubs two greatest ever seasons in 2017-18 (Delph was our main left back) and 2018-19 (Zincehnko was our main left back).

Even if Cancelo is originally a right back and will often still play right back, there’s nobody out there better than him at left back that I can think of.

It would be nice to sign a proper left back so we can interchange the right back and left back positions more, ensuring Cancelo and Walker get enough rests; but if Pep had no faith in Wilson-Esbrand, we’d have signed one by now. And no matter who we signed, Cancelo would be first choice left back for the biggest games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.