It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

The reasons I was "moaning" about the potential of Bernardo leaving was clearly stated in the original post. Try reading it again or perhaps I could explain it using a few more simple words, like I would to a 5 year old, if that post was too advanced for you to understand. Let me know if thats the case and I will gladly help you. The reason I'm "continually moaning" about it is because I get a lot of replies from people asking questions. If I'll get asked a question, I will most likely answer it, assuming its about the topic that was discussed.

A: I know. That why I wrote things like ”if this is true” etc, not ”now when its clear that he is leaving”

B: I never claimed I knew the fee, again I said something like ”if the reported figure is true”. You seem to have a hard time understanding what the word ”if” means so here you go:
If - (introducing a conditional clause) on the condition or supposition that; in the event that.

C: I assume the club have a replacement lined up. Anything else would be insane if (read this again, if, not when) we sell him. I also think we would struggle to find a replacement thats not a clear downgrade, considering Bernardo is one of the best in the world in his position, in my opinion of course. Perhaps you dont rate him and think he could easily be replaced with a Paqueta or whoever we would end up going for if we sell him. I disagree. In contrary to what you seem to believe, on a forum its possible to disagree with other peoples opinions without telling them what they can and cant write.

I have several times, and in my original post, stated that I think the club handles 95% of all thing very well, and that I think we are perhaps the most well run club in the world. However, just like I would say it would be insane to sell KDB if (IF) there were a lot of rumours about us doing so, I will say it would be insane to sell Bernardo. If you dont like me speculating about what I think transfers that are being rumoured would mean to the club, perhaps stay away from the transfer speculation forum. Or if you like hanging around here like me, just ignore me, its really easy. And if you are tired of me talking about it, perhaps dont reply to me and keep talking about it. Quite simple right?
Another one on ignore

A couple of quotes from 2018 letter to us, from Sheikh Mansour, still relevant today, I think, and worth keeping in mind. I know some of us don't think they always think of the fans, but you can't deny that the spirit of this still rings true.

'Khaldoon and I know that we will not get everything right all the time. As we continue on this journey I would ask you to please always bear with us and please be assured that, even when we stumble, we will try to remain true to our values and to make you proud of what we do and how we do it on your behalf.

Over the last ten years I have learned a lot more about what it is to be a City fan. I understood quickly why 40 points is important - and why inflatable bananas (and now sharks!) still make an appearance. And whilst I don’t have a Lamborghini, I was very tempted to get one a few years ago. It has been a most enjoyable education for me.

That said, what I have always known is that players and management will come and go from our Club, but you the fans are permanent. I will not forget that. I hope you have enjoyed these last ten years and I promise the next ten will be no less exciting.'

So Bernie may go... Pep may go... but the ride will go on.
Cheers, for the life of me, I can't remember reading that originally.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.