It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

City's transfer dealings have been too erratic. Obviously can't say they are shrewd in their dealing because simply put, they aren't and also can't say they don't get fantastic deals done.

My logic is that, the Haaland & Grealish deals have crippled city financially.
What the fuckin fuck? Have a lie down and contemplate your relegation battle.

This has been going on so long I can’t remember what people have said in the past.

I thought City said Bernardo only goes if the price is met and we get a replacement in?

If Barca bid late they risk the latter criteria not being met even if the former is agreed. If that happens then Bernardo can only blame Barca. Imagine after all this Barca bid 50.

Or have I misremembered that?

So Gundo extension and just 1 midfielder to sign next year when they work out what to do with Bernado
Interesting..slim pickings.Agree with you.
There are many on this forum who know much more than I on how these transfers work. But a serious question.
Last year we bought Grealish and supposedly going for Kane for for over 100 million.
The Kane deal failed.
I assume that each year there must be a transfer budget. Perhaps wrongly, I assume the money we did not spend on Kane would be transferred to this years pool. So the 100 million we did not spend on Kane covers Erling and Phillips this summer just about.
But we have taken vast sums selling players this summer, plus this years transfer budget too.Then posssibly 80 million for Bernie.
We must surely be sitting on a pile of cash. I clearly trust the management and my club.I can accept the club did not value Cucurella at 63 million.Walk away. Gomez could be amazing I do not know.
It would be interesting to hear others perspectives on this as perhaps the squad is thin and some players do take a year to bed in..just intrigued by this process,is it Covid, FFP ?

City's transfer dealings have been too erratic. Obviously can't say they are shrewd in their dealing because simply put, they aren't and also can't say they don't get fantastic deals done.

My logic is that, the Haaland & Grealish deals have crippled city financially.
Now that is fucking hilarious!!

Interesting..slim pickings.Agree with you.
There are many on this forum who know much more than I on how these transfers work. But a serious question.
Last year we bought Grealish and supposedly going for Kane for for over 100 million.
The Kane deal failed.
I assume that each year there must be a transfer budget. Perhaps wrongly, I assume the money we did not spend on Kane would be transferred to this years pool. So the 100 million we did not spend on Kane covers Erling and Phillips this summer just about.
But we have taken vast sums selling players this summer, plus this years transfer budget too.Then posssibly 80 million for Bernie.
We must surely be sitting on a pile of cash. I clearly trust the management and my club.I can accept the club did not value Cucurella at 63 million.Walk away. Gomez could be amazing I do not know.
It would be interesting to hear others perspectives on this as perhaps the squad is thin and some players do take a year to bed in..just intrigued by this process,is it Covid, FFP ?
Good post Bert. Only the people who need to know how our transfer dealings work inside the club are the ones who matter. I would imagine that there is a transfer budget every year and that they put a maximum value on all transfer targets. It appears to me that they don’t want to get in a Dutch auction scenario when good players become available and are happy to walk away if the price exceeds their valuation, as highlighted in the Kane transfer saga. FFP is one of the major considerations though and we don’t want to give that corrupt outfit another chance to investigate. If the club are sitting on a pile of cash, at least it bodes well for any future transfer activity. Don’t think Pep has done too bad with his squads so far has he?

Good post Bert. Only the people who need to know how our transfer dealings work inside the club are the ones who matter. I would imagine that there is a transfer budget every year and that they put a maximum value on all transfer targets. It appears to me that they don’t want to get in a Dutch auction scenario when good players become available and are happy to walk away if the price exceeds their valuation, as highlighted in the Kane transfer saga. FFP is one of the major considerations though and we don’t want to give that corrupt outfit another chance to investigate. If the club are sitting on a pile of cash, at least it bodes well for any future transfer activity. Don’t think Pep has done too bad with his squads so far has he?
Dave, Of course Pep has done well..Should be made Saint Pep of the Etihad..Perhaps the model is changing to using more youngsters ?? In a way I hope so.. Perhaps we are waiting to blow the money on some astounding signing..I guess I just do not understand..I suppose my real fear is the risk of injuries and just a few players coming to the end of their careers. But as you say, trust in Pep and the club !!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.