It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

I think the loan moves rules changed on the 1st July, any club can only loan out 8 players at a time (FIFA regulation, not sure it applies straight away but can see the club trying to align as soon as possible so as to not fall foul of the regs) so selling with buy-backs seems to be the way forward. I can see us "selling" the players that we expect to buy back in the future with the loans for players we are not sure about and need to have a better look at. Just my hunch.
I think sales with buybacks are just better. If we can all agree that clubs are much less likely to play young players if they don't own them then there's basically only two factors that matter here:
  1. What the likelihood that a given young player turns out to be as good as someone we'd typically sign?
  2. What is the ratio of the fee received versus the buyback?
If for question 1 we say its something like 1:5 odds that a given prospect "makes it" then over the long term all you really need to do is make sure your average buyback ratio you put in these deals is never more the inverse of those odds. Romeo Lavia is probably a bad example because it appears he was ready before we sold him, but if we sell 100 Pablo Maffeo's, something like 80% of the time we'll just collect the initial fee and that'll be that. On average it more than makes up for the times you buy them back for the big number and in the meantime your youth players get much better moves and are more likely to turn into something than if they bounce around on loan in shitty teams that don't play them. In practice the numbers are skewed even a little more favorable because we have sell on clauses also, but I think this is the general framework.

Makes sense price wise and with a World Cup and our injury record at CB we need depth. Allows CB to cover at left back. I suspect Canclo might play at wing back with three at the back in some games he has the number 7 shirt which we are told is for family reasons but he seems to be playing further forward this season still thought it would be a full back we got

Wont include the lads considered in the U23's either, we'll be well under that.
Obviously transfermarkt is "just a bit of fun" anyway, but is there any logic at all to whether a transfer is recorded for the main club or the U21s?

For example Pedro Porro, who never made a start for City, gets recorded as a transfer out for the main club, while Romeo Lavia, who did play for City, is recorded as a sale for the U21s.

I'm guessing the reason is that Porro never played for the U21s, so was always recorded on their database as a full City player, while Lavia played for the first team, but was never a full time member of the squad, but it's all a bit odd.

Obviously transfermarkt is "just a bit of fun" anyway, but is there any logic at all to whether a transfer is recorded for the main club or the U21s?

For example Pedro Porro, who never made a start for City, gets recorded as a transfer out for the main club, while Romeo Lavia, who did play for City, is recorded as a sale for the U21s.

I'm guessing the reason is that Porro never played for the U21s, so was always recorded on their database as a full City player, while Lavia played for the first team, but was never a full time member of the squad, but it's all a bit odd.
You would be surprised how many times agent’s and clubs refer to that site in transfer negotiation….I was!

Marlos Moreno: there’s a name that will probably leave tomorrow for Sunderland or the like. Look at the number of loans….

Fair to say that one didn’t work out!

What do we make of Southampton going after two more of our youth players ? Is that a bad or good thing for us ?

What do we make of Southampton going after two more of our youth players ? Is that a bad or good thing for us ?
The saints remind me of Sunderland always ready and willing to buy a rag player. Role of the dice some of the young players will succeed and some won’t. City seem to be on the ball re buyback and sell on fee. The club can only cover itself so much. What I find great about the youth sales is that these players have a MCFC quality stamp. The academy is a roaring success. We are giving so many young players a good footballing education to succeed whether that is with us or another club. Can’t see a downside.

Figured it might help us in the long term search for Kyle's successor, they have both Walker-Peters and Tino Livramento.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.