It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

lol this is stupid. the ball was possible because of Haaland having pace don't you think? if we had another winger with pace, the opposition will struggle to deal with it. it is better to always have 2 people with pace while breaking with pace so that they can pass to each other. otherwise it is easier to shut the space for Halland
Of course he has pace, among other attributes. When he wasn't here, we had relentless argument about how we needed a central striker. Now, we have have obsessions about pace. Every time we drop points, the complaints about the team begin. The point I made was that our clever play, allied to Haaland's movement, created opportunity to use him that we didn't take, and the solution for that is not pace.

Okay! He’s a winger, he’s very fucking quick, he can beat a man, his finishing is shocking, he’ll be leaving his club in the summer! no not Sterling! Adama Troare on a free! Exciting! (I would love to see what pep could do with him but it would be a mess)
Fastest left back in World football

Would be ideal for us. Maybe move one CB as he covers both and Cancelo stays

I like a few others think Laporte may go this summer and possibly even Ake? If Phillips can stay fit then I wouldn’t be surprised if our main CB options were Dias, Stones, Gvardiol and either Rodri filling in if required or mbete comes back as the 4th option? Either way we know Rodri can do it if we are seriously stuck although it’s an option in only extreme circumstances as he’s the best DM in the world imo.

I like a few others think Laporte may go this summer and possibly even Ake? If Phillips can stay fit then I wouldn’t be surprised if our main CB options were Dias, Stones, Gvardiol and either Rodri filling in if required or mbete comes back as the 4th option? Either way we know Rodri can do it if we are seriously stuck although it’s an option in only extreme circumstances as he’s the best DM in the world imo.
I could see akanji moved on. He was only ever a stop gap o reckon

I’d rather see Akanji stay as he’s the perfect 4th choice centre back. You could argue he deserves not to be 4th choice but he knew the deal coming here.

Interesting to see what happens with Lewis. Why wouldn’t he stay involved in the first team he’s been great.

I’d like to see
RB: Walker/Lewis/Cancelo
LB: Gvardiol/Cancelo/Laporte or Ake
CB: Dias/Stones/Akanji/Gvardiol/Laporte or Ake

So buy a LB who can play CB like Gvardiol
Sell one of Ake or Laporte
Keep 5 options at CB

Could argue we buy a LB who can’t play CB and be fine with 4 CB

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.