It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Perhaps the game is changing from Pepball where a team of players with amazing ball retention skills ,intelligent movement and ability to deliver a cutting edge at the right moment looked invincible.
We had that in spades but not this Season with personnel changes and tempus fugit creeping in.

The 'up and at em' style that was more evident in the World Cup where teams threw everything at their opponents using every sub to maintain the momentum is now proving successful

The Rag sit deep and break has worked in the past and is working now with their personnel.

Pep needs to re-invent something here.
And he will

I understand people's point about pace, I'd like a winger that can get to the byline and just smash a cross in like Sane used to do. Sane would be perfect for Haaland now.

But we were smashing teams earlier in the season with quick incisive football, so it's not just about having pace. We've gone away from doing what we're great at, and that's moving the ball at pace. You don't necessarily need fast players as long as you're moving the ball at speed and with purpose and giving your creative players the space to play.

Were lacking that from the back and in midfield at the moment. We need to trust Walker and Cancelo which gives us the threat from full back and our midfield needs to be pass more vertically and quicker with the ball. We had opportunities on Saturday but we instead chose the sideways pass instead of the more direct ball to the front players.

It's time to let the handbrake off and be quicker with our passing in the final third.
I think the loss of Stones, Dias and Walker for large parts of the season is a big factor. The fragmented season has also affected the form of some players and the defensive setup of many teams has improved, blocking the Haaland supply, especially, and also the ball from the defender to Rodri, amplifying the need for Stones to get fit.

Okay! He’s a winger, he’s very fucking quick, he can beat a man, his finishing is shocking, he’ll be leaving his club in the summer! no not Sterling! Adama Troare on a free! Exciting! (I would love to see what pep could do with him but it would be a mess)

Okay! He’s a winger, he’s very fucking quick, he can beat a man, his finishing is shocking, he’ll be leaving his club in the summer! no not Sterling! Adama Troare on a free! Exciting! (I would love to see what pep could do with him but it would be a mess)
Personally, I feel Pep would turn him into Kyle Walker 2.0

Hahahahahaha

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.