It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Walker turns 33 at the end of the season maybe he is at the start of his decline.

Walker started only 20 PL games in 20/21 and 20 PL games in 21/22. In other words, he didn't start in 36 PL games in the last 2 seasons, and he missed many games this season. He's been declining since 19/20.

Would be a big rebuild needed in the summer if we let all those go.

If Walker and Cancelo go then we need another RB & LB? Gusto at Lyon should be a target now before he goes to the chavs imo or if Bernardo wants PSG then Hakimi from them?

Time to flap

I thought I read somewhere that Gundogan was going to be offered a new deal?

I wouldn’t be overly surprised if Bernardo, Cancelo and Laporte left in the summer. It would soften the blow if we could get close to £200m for the three of them.

Unless he’s requested to leave, I can’t fathom why Walker would be off anytime soon.

He is so reliant on his physicality though, so it may be just one player that we let go before it seems we normally would.

People don’t just wake up one day too slow to play like Walker does. A month ago he went stride for stride with the fastest and most dangerous forward on the planet in a World Cup in his first full game back from a 3 month injury.

His legs will go eventually, but he will be fast enough to deal with anyone for at least a season, and I’m pretty sure he’ll retire before he loses enough pace for it to matter.

Injuries are a bigger problem and pep deciding to change what he wants from the position.

People don’t just wake up one day too slow to play like Walker does. A month ago he went stride for stride with the fastest and most dangerous forward on the planet in a World Cup in his first full game back from a 3 month injury.

His legs will go eventually, but he will be fast enough to deal with anyone for at least a season, and I’m pretty sure he’ll retire before he loses enough pace for it to matter.

Injuries are a bigger problem and pep deciding to change what he wants from the position.
Pace doesn’t just disappear but the amout of times in a game you can do those sprints does decline and is declining.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.