It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Walker started only 20 PL games in 20/21 and 20 PL games in 21/22. In other words, he didn't start in 36 PL games in the last 2 seasons, and he missed many games this season. He's been declining since 19/20.
The injuries are beginning to seep in and every time he'll return a tad slower. When you look back to our CL exit last season, although it can be put on the management for not supplying enough fullbacks, walker missing cost us over two legs. Do we go Rico/walker for next season or Rico/new signing who'll likely be more available?
IMO walker is the best ever english RB til this point, I adore the bloke but is it clever business with him turning 34 this season? All depends on the potential RB coming in.

Picking up injuries is not the same thing as declining.

John Stones has missed as many games, he’s not declining either.

That's right. But Walker wasn't getting (many) injuries before 20/21. Stones has been injury prone from the start.

I think we need Walker in top form to compete this season. But his (un)availability has been a problem last and this season.

Time to flap

Other than Walker I wouldn't be arsed if we got good replacements.

Cancelo out a real top class LB
B. Silva out Jude Bellingham
Gundogan out may mean our new Argentine gets a spot
Laporte imo 4 CBs is enough

Summer could be exciting ha.

Do think Gundogan will sign an extension imo

No flapping from me. Nobody’s bigger than the club. Some good servants in that list but if they want to go, let’s cash in and refresh. CTID.
It was a joke. Can’t see Walker leaving before his contract runs out and hopefully Gundo is extending. If not I’d take Aouar on a free, who’s very similar stylistically, and Enzo to replace Bernardo.
No idea about Laporte, but if he left we still have 4 CBs, not sure if we’d get one more. Perhaps that spot goes to a winger

It was a joke. Can’t see Walker leaving before his contract runs out and hopefully Gundo is extending. If not I’d take Aouar on a free, who’s very similar stylistically, and Enzo to replace Bernardo.
No idea about Laporte, but if he left we still have 4 CBs, not sure if we’d get one more. Perhaps that spot goes to a winger
I think Aouar is a excellent idea

I think Aouar is a excellent idea
I think he’s just one of those players that will find back to his best form as soon as he gets a move elsewhere. Been unhappy for years and has asked to leave several times, but Lyon has kept holding him back. Pep was a huge fan, and he’d be free and probably on decent wages. I think we’d go for a bigger profile name to replace Gundo, but I’d really like Aouar.

KDB and one of Grealish/Foden as the two more attacking options, and Enzo/Jude and Aouar as slightly more defensive box-to-box ball winning midfielders

I think he’s just one of those players that will find back to his best form as soon as he gets a move elsewhere. Been unhappy for years and has asked to leave several times, but Lyon has kept holding him back. Pep was a huge fan, and he’d be free and probably on decent wages. I think we’d go for a bigger profile name to replace Gundo, but I’d really like Aouar.

KDB and one of Grealish/Foden as the two more attacking options, and Enzo/Jude and Aouar as slightly more defensive box-to-box ball winning midfielders
Aouar paired with Bellingham and a new winger I think is excellent business to replace Gundo and Bernie. Here’s me wishing

Basically all the players who Pep has being leaving on the bench, he obviously knows & see's they're not fully focused/commited.

Time to flap

What is this shit? Pep and city have all made these players better. The club won’t be held to ransom. Sulk away, new players will be purchased and you will be sold. All this talk of falling out comes up every few seasons depending on results.

We all know some players have stalled and don’t have the drive anyway. Rebuild on and it’s exciting. Pep looks tired listening to the moaning fuckers. He probably can’t wait to get rid. Any other club would have been through 1/2 managers and still trying to find excuses why the are not performing. Thank them for their service and we all move on holistically.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.