It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

So some reports saying we don't think we need to sign anyone, and some saying we'll try and get someone in in the next day and a bit. I would love the latter to be true, but the former feels much more on-brand for the way we've been run since the takeover. And that policy may have worked for the most part but I don't think this is the right time.

I don't hate it. Only 25, having a good season and signing Americans is always good from a commercial POV*. I think we're all in agreement that Gomez won't make it here, so bringing in a new LB in the summer to compete with Robinson would still be a must. The good part is that Chelsea's insane spending has taken the heat off of us.

Will Fulham accept though? They've been excellent this year so why should they agree to losing an important player with no time left to sign a replacement? Unless there's a Palmer loan to sweeten the deal...?

A move I'd be happy with but not one I see happening. Maybe I'm just a pessimist.

*Homegrown though, having played in England his whole career, so that's also a huge bonus.

How can we even buy a new left back with Cancelo coming back this summer? Unless the plan is to just give him away for whatever.

I don't hate it. Only 25, having a good season and signing Americans is always good from a commercial POV*. I think we're all in agreement that Gomez won't make it here, so bringing in a new LB in the summer to compete with Robinson would still be a must. The good part is that Chelsea's insane spending has taken the heat off of us.

Will Fulham accept though? They've been excellent this year so why should they agree to losing an important player with no time left to sign a replacement? Unless there's a Palmer loan to sweeten the deal...?

A move I'd be happy with but not one I see happening. Maybe I'm just a pessimist.

*Homegrown though, having played in England his whole career, so that's also a huge bonus.
Also Robinson is likely going to much more understanding on squad rotation and more open to listening to pep.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.