It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Theo Hernandez probably counts. And I like Lucas, his brother. Other than that, there's not much out there that is better than Zinchenko, who we let go. I was okay with letting him leave when he did, but I am starting to think it was a mistake.
And, unfortunately, if you're going English your basically looking at Kieran Tierney or Ben Chilwell
Kieran Tierney isn't English

Ederson could probably play left back better than some of the options out there.

Chilwell in terms of pure ability would solve our LB issue. Given the options in the market, there are few LBs better and even less that will actually move.

The massive risk is his injuries and I think the club would need to tread carefully with this.

I've seen Chelsea fans completely dismissive of the links and staunch that they wouldn't entertain it, but they will absolutely need to sell players in the summer or risk failing FFP. Chilwell is their best LB and lights ahead of Cucurella, but they just spent £60m on the latter, have a good talent in Hall breaking through and have another excellent propsect in Maasten doing well at Burnley.

I think, given the unknown nature of whether he'll ever get back to his best, that they could be tempted to shift him this summer. But it won't be cheap - fully expect to pay something in the realm of what they bought Cucurella for - and again, that's a huge risk with the injuries.

Chilwell at his best would be an asset to City though. A very well rounded player.
Well rounded player. Christ not another Luke shaw

Exactly my point. Even the very best LBs have their weaknesses.

There's no real stand outs in the position, so there's no point in us getting hung up about signing a 'world class' LB because we are very unlikely to be getting that unless we unearth a gem.

We just need a solid, orthodox LB that gives us 7/10 performances. I think the club have been too cautious over who to sign for years, when we could have just signed someone like Tagliafico a couple of seasons ago who would have just done a job for us.
I agree. So I think a Chilwell/Tierney is a solid option.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.