It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

They won’t, thats what people said about Haaland last summer.
We didn’t offer enough for Haaland last summer and/or had a different target in mind (Kane) and/or were happy to wait for the clause this summer. It’s not a fair comparison.
If offered an amount they couldn’t refuse, they wouldn’t refuse, that’s all I’m saying.

Have any of those sales been success stories for them?
I’d say all of them have, quality players who they have made a profit on, broke probably around even and one that looks like a huge amount of equity.

The economics and business model of that club, is a lot different to ours.

However, where they cannot compete with us on certain players. They have created a system where we struggle to compete with them (huge potential types, wanting guaranteed gametime).

No doubt they would love our turnover etc. which would allow them to compete with Bayern. But without that they have created their own niche.

We didn’t offer enough for Haaland last summer and/or had a different target in mind (Kane) and/or were happy to wait for the clause this summer. It’s not a fair comparison.
If offered an amount they couldn’t refuse, they wouldn’t refuse, that’s all I’m saying.
Chelsea made a serious offer for Haaland last summer but they were rejected. They ended up wasting money on Lukaku. Dortmund stick to their guns when selling.

Last edited:
Reactions: nmc
Falls in the window gap between pl2 and pl. lad has 80 games under his belt at 21 in a competitive league. The lads at 18, coming out of the academy just don’t have that gap filled to make the jump yet.. club need to start getting loans right or taking the punt.
Ah ok, so slightly ahead in his development then. Agree on the loans, we’ve got a decent crop coming through and if they aren’t all going to get opportunities in the cups next season, loan moves to top championship or even PL clubs may be the next best step.

We didn’t offer anything for Haaland because we knew we could get him this summer. We only offered what we did for Kane because we wanted a striker but didn’t want to break the bank. If we got him for 100 happy days, if we didn’t we get Haaland for 50. It was a real win win situation for us.

Just abit of an update since my last post on transfers , been informed we’ve withdrawn our interest in Torres the centre back , he looks set to join united .. De jong at Barca desperate to join us , united willing to pay more but he wants to join us . if I hear anything else will pass on the info.
Seems like way to much change

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.