It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

I find that hard to believe. Unsettle the player by doing something if you really want him, don’t accept defeat right away. Look how we basically courted Haaland. We want someone, we want them.
Totally different. Kane was tied to a long contract with no release clause, so Spurs had all the cards. Kane did try to go on strike and nothing happened.

Haaland had a release clause. A low one, but a year later than we wanted.

In the end, we waited a season to get value for money and relying on the coaching genius of Pep to get us through another season without a striker.

Yep, for sure if you say so - none of that really misaligns with the point I was making about Jude.
They ain’t selling Bellingham pal, time will tell but I think you can call it by how Dortmund have dealt with things previously (of course respect your right of a different opinion).

Shame as I did think we would be in for him next year, but 2 new midfielders this year may change that.

That said it depends on who is available, if Pep may end up with 1 and uses Jack/ Phil/ Zin at other times to cover.

As a club we seem happier to wait an extra season and get it right as opposed to buying the best of what is available at the time.

Totally different. Kane was tied to a long contract with no release clause, so Spurs had all the cards. Kane did try to go on strike and nothing happened.

Haaland had a release clause. A low one, but a year later than we wanted.

In the end, we waited a season to get value for money and relying on the coaching genius of Pep to get us through another season without a striker.
I agree that we weighed up both transfers to see if Kane was worth it, which means we weren’t fully in on him. That’s the point I’ve been trying to make.

Gundo, Fern, Bernardo leaving means Haaland addition will not have much impact with team having difficulty holding on to ball and no service to him.

We didn’t offer enough for Haaland last summer and/or had a different target in mind (Kane) and/or were happy to wait for the clause this summer. It’s not a fair comparison.
If offered an amount they couldn’t refuse, they wouldn’t refuse, that’s all I’m saying.
Not just us though, anyone could have offered well over £50 mill,,but they were prepared to wait and lose millions on the deal demanding £150 mill. This time they can wait and probably get the same fee or more next summer.
I’m pretty confident he wont move this summer.

They ain’t selling Bellingham pal, time will tell but I think you can call it by how Dortmund have dealt with things previously (of course respect your right of a different opinion).

Shame as I did think we would be in for him next year, but 2 new midfielders this year may change that.

That said it depends on who is available, if Pep may end up with 1 and uses Jack/ Phil/ Zin at other times to cover.

As a club we seem happier to wait an extra season and get it right as opposed to buying the best of what is available at the time.
Mate, to be clear I’m not saying that he will end up being sold this summer; chances are he won’t. All I was saying was that if hypothetically enough was offered they would sell - imho.
Everyone has a price.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.