It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Greizmann, Costa, Falcao, Forlan, Aguero, Torres.

Atletico Madrid was a conveyor belt of good strikers becoming world class in the late 00s and 2010s.

Also great 1 or 2 season cameos from Suarez, Mandzukic, Villa, Hasselbank.

You can see why Mendes sent him there.
Apparently I heard rumors that Mendes wanted him to go to city, but Felixw wanted Atletico, there are leaked phone call recordings, is there any truth to that?

Coming back to the meat of the subject. Felix had came to us, our playing style would have suited him perfectly, hand to glove fit. He would have excelled in Pep's system, am still amazed why he chose Atletico with their more defensive style!

Hahah - suffered. If only you knew… Most scousers I know want the premier league. Certainly more than the CL.
That isn’t the point. The way our squad was built for this reason was a big part of why we didn’t make the UCL and FA Cup finals. And if we lose the PL (hopefully we won’t of course!), you could probably put down on that count too

Apparently I heard rumors that Mendes wanted him to go to city, but Felixw wanted Atletico, there are leaked phone call recordings, is there any truth to that?

Coming back to the meat of the subject. Felix had came to us, our playing style would have suited him perfectly, hand to glove fit. He would have excelled in Pep's system, am still amazed why he chose Atletico with their more defensive style!
Hes young and spain is a hop, skip, and a jump from his home?

That isn’t the point. The way our squad was built for this reason was a big part of why we didn’t make the UCL and FA Cup finals. And if we lose the PL (hopefully we won’t of course!), you could probably put down on that count too

Honestly for some people it will never be good enough. We are on the verge of winning the hardest domestic league in the world, again. We have just bought one of the worlds best young players that pretty much every club on the planet would love to sign. Enjoy it instead of complaining all the time.

Honestly for some people it will never be good enough. We are on the verge of winning the hardest domestic league in the world, again. We have just bought one of the worlds best young players that pretty much every club on the planet would love to sign. Enjoy it instead of complaining all the time.

I enjoy it very much while admit where things need to be improved. We’re operating from the highest level, so that’s the premise, and when you have such a strong domestic rival, the last thing you can do is accept stagnation. That’s all.

He doesn’t like having senior players on the bench and he doesn’t like using kids.

And that’s why we bombed out of the cups and we had no chance of getting back into the Real match, nothing on the bench. It’s why he sometimes doesn’t even use subs anymore

I love Pep, but he needs to be told he’s competing for 5 trophies every season and he needs more than 15 outfield players to do it.

If we don’t have 3 or 4 more senior players than this season we are going to get slaughtered next year with the World Cup schedule.
exactly .

Diaz is an improvement on Mane. I doubt Antony will end up being better than Salah but he is really fucking good.

Much as they're a great team, Salah has carried them at times. His form has been absolutely freakish and he outmatches his XG consistently. If they lose him they'll drop off 10 points a season.

I'd take Felix in a heartbeat. Fantastic player who is absolutely wasted at Atletico.

He's different then anything else we have up front, and I think we're soon to be a bit thinner there then we look on paper.

Sterling and Jesus might both be out the door this summer, and if not this year than almost certainly next in Sterling's case. I'd expect 1 of Grealish or Foden to play in midfield sooner rather then later. Alvarez is all potential at this stage, and I wouldn't expect much - anything we get from him in year 1 is an absolute bonus. Mahrez is aging and out of contract soon. Palmer is unproven.

If there's a deal to be done, get him in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.