It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Haaland Alvarez Sterling Mahrez Grealish Foden is crazy good. I do think we need a couple of CM’s but our squad is better than theirs in terms of quality and depth is relative. You can have loads of average players sat around or you can have the quality we have. Just my opinion of course. I can see a lot of people rate theirs more than ours.

On Felix. You’ve nailed it. We’d need to lose Sterling or Mahrez to sign another attacker and IMO neither will go because no one will pay their value and neither player will want to force a move away. And even if they left Felix isn’t a wide player or a winger.

I’m surprised on Bluemoon there’s such a focus on attacking options. Everywhere else i talk to blues the focus is CM and full back.

The only thing I can think of is if Foden finally starts getting serious minutes in midfield or if Grealish starts playing there, just like others have predicted. Felix can even play there but I'm not 100% sure either he or Jack have the energy for it.

Then I guess there's the likelihood of Julian Alvarez making a big impact. From the little I've seen of him, I'm not convinced he will add a whole lot in the short term.

Like I said though, other positions are crying out for reinforcements so I'll be more interested to see what we do there.

We need a left back and a holding midfielder. With Haaland and Alvarez coming there is room to let Mahrez go.

Phillips would fit, especially with his very low clause, but I can't think of a left back that's A) good enough and B) available for not silly money.

He has played as a left winger when Simeone plays three up front. I suggest you compare his heat maps as well

Atleti only rarely play 3 up front, normally it’s 4-4-2 and felix, in nearly every match I’ve seen, plays central. Of course in the modern game forwards interchange, drift wide or drop deep to find space, and Felix is given more freedom to roam more than any player.

Given we’ve signed Haaland and Alvarez don’t you think our system will change though? Do you not think we’ll revert to how we played with Sterling Sane and Aguero? If you do, then felix - and I love felix - is not a player who can play either of the sane or sterling roles.

If we hadn’t signed Haaland and we kept the same false 9 system we currently have he was my number one target! However, I just don’t see how he fits in now.

Haaland Alvarez Sterling Mahrez Grealish Foden is crazy good. I do think we need a couple of CM’s but our squad is better than theirs in terms of quality and depth is relative. You can have loads of average players sat around or you can have the quality we have. Just my opinion of course. I can see a lot of people rate theirs more than ours.

On Felix. You’ve nailed it. We’d need to lose Sterling or Mahrez to sign another attacker and IMO neither will go because no one will pay their value and neither player will want to force a move away. And even if they left Felix isn’t a wide player or a winger.

I’m surprised on Bluemoon there’s such a focus on attacking options. Everywhere else i talk to blues the focus is CM and full back.
My guess is when the season ends Sterling takes a look and decides the best thing for him is to sign an extension with us. For the money for the best team to play for and win trophies and for the players he'll have to play with next season, namely a centre forward and one called Haaland. So I expect Jesus to be the one that leaves and no further forwards needed.Then next season we out score liverpool and everyone else by even more than we did this season.

Given we’ve signed Haaland and Alvarez don’t you think our system will change though? Do you not think we’ll revert to how we played with Sterling Sane and Aguero? If you do, then felix - and I love felix - is not a player who can play either of the sane or sterling roles.
I thought so until I heard Pep talk about him lately and now I think the changes will be very slight, which is why I can easily see Felix fitting up upfront with Haaland. Alvarez I barely take into consideration yet

My guess is when the season ends Sterling takes a look and decides the best thing for him is to sign an extension with us. For the money for the best team to play for and win trophies and for the players he'll have to play with next season, namely a centre forward and one called Haaland. So I expect Jesus to be the one that leaves and no further forwards needed.Then next season we out score liverpool and everyone else by even more than we did this season.
I also think Raz will stay, looking for assurances he’s still part of our plans.

I thought so until I heard Pep talk about him lately and now I think the changes will be very slight, which is why I can easily see Felix fitting up upfront with Haaland. Alvarez I barely take into consideration yet

Interesting. If we did sign Felix then how do you think we’d line up?

That depends on who leaves to make room for him, which is the only way this deal could happen from my understanding. Felix - Haaland - Foden… Real Madrid can’t match this kind of young explosive talent combination even with Mbappe

sterling and jesus out to make rom for felix and alvarez?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.