It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

sterling and jesus out to make rom for felix and alvarez?
No one needs to make room for Alvarez. He’s taking up Torres’ spot in the squad. I think (but what do I know) that we could use Jesus in a deal for Felix. He’s much closer to what Simeone would want. Mind you, I’m not advocating that Jesus leave, only in the scenario that he’s still pushing to go and the club allows

That depends on who leaves to make room for him, which is the only way this deal could happen from my understanding. Felix - Haaland - Foden… Real Madrid can’t match this kind of young explosive talent combination even with Mbappe

A front three of them is unbalanced for me. All great players but Felix (and Foden to a degree who I guarantee will drop deeper and more central with age) are wasted there.

A front three of them is unbalanced for me. All great players but Felix (and Foden to a degree who I guarantee will drop deeper and more central with age) are wasted there.
It’s complicated to talk about that because we need to know who we’re playing against. Mahrez (IF he doesn’t leave) plays a big part and will play a lot. Alvarez can cover as a sub. That’s good enough rotation.

Now if we switch how we play, which was your earlier suggestion, makes it even easier

On Felix. You’ve nailed it. We’d need to lose Sterling or Mahrez to sign another attacker and IMO neither will go because no one will pay their value and neither player will want to force a move away. And even if they left Felix isn’t a wide player or a winger.
Agree with your other points, though in 12 months' time neither of those players is likely to be with the club as their contracts then expire. If the club has concluded that this is a coming reality and wants to act now to preempt their leaving, then that would make sense. Not saying it's necessarily likely, but it is understandable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.