It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

But their wage bill is around £150m less than City, United and Liverpool per year.

Unfortunately, unless they plan to also up their wage bill by 75-100m a year then they'll still struggle to compete.

Conte could be the difference though, the man is a genuine world class manager...one of the few in the world

Kulusevski - Kane - Son is a frightening front 3 already

Bentacur, Romero and Lloris is a solid core

They get some better wingbacks (always key for Contes teams), top quality CM to partner Bentacur and another quality CB they'll be a problem next year

Yea just been reported they’ve got 150 million plus champions league money to spend on six signings this summer.
They are committed to spending 80m+ on Romero and the ginger lad aren't they?

The 150m is also marked for "off-pitch". Do you really believe Levy is going to finance a huge transfer window like that.

Conte could be the difference though, the man is a genuine world class manager...one of the few in the world

Kulusevski - Kane - Son is a frightening front 3 already

Bentacur, Romero and Lloris is a solid core

They get some better wingbacks (always key for Contes teams), top quality CM to partner Bentacur and another quality CB they'll be a problem next year
Not as long as theyre relying on Moura and Bergwijn for rotation or fill in for injury to one of those front 3.
Theyre liverpool of 16/17 who had just got back into the CL.
Only liverpool then sold coutinho in the summer and bought van dijk and salah. Still finished well off first but were a force in individual games.
Spurs will need some world class recruits and 2-3 years of sustained investment. Conte wont be there long enough

They've said £150m "on and off field" so I wouldn't get too carried away

Tottenham is going to spend A LOT, we shouldn’t think that it’s going to be us vs Liverpool forever, especially as Conte is truly a very good manager.
They will need to spend a lot of monly to get anywhere near our level, i just don’t see them being able to recruit the number and level of players and ev3n if they did the chance they’d click instantly to challenging us (or Liverpool) in the league next year is seriously remote.
As you say they possible have a war chest this summer, are in the CL and have a top manager so their fans must be feeling confident and excited for next season but I doubt few will consider them likely to challenge for the league.
The reality is we have the best manager in the world, incredibly well run club top to bottom, a budget to recruit players when needed, we already have the best team in the league with a lot of youth, have already added to that team one of the top two young players in the world and Alvarez who looks to have real promise as well as a few youth players who I expect to step up next year.
We‘re the top dogs and i accept they’ll always be teams snapping at our heals but honestly it‘s Liverpool not spurs who are the ones snapping at our heelbs and I’m not scared of Liverpool or any other team and relish the challenge as it’ll only make us better and stronger. CTID….

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.