It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Yep, all the other self entitled slapped arses who’ve played too much Soccer Tycoon feel the same I reckon.

NO !! Only you!!!
Sorry and some silly person from Brazil for some fucking daft reason !!!!!

Can I just add my "tuppence worth" and say that you are clueless !!!

Bad whiff…

You clearly haven’t watched Cucurella play this season, have you?

Come on guys, you don't have to get arsey with someone just because they don't rate a couple of players we're being linked with.

Pretty much nobody here wanted Phillips but the links started a while ago so I guess we're supposed to act like it's a brilliant move?

And Cucurella is decent enough but, again, there was no clamour for him until we started getting linked with him and now every time I see his name in a thread he seems to be getting closer and closer to prime Ashley Cole and Roberto Carlos rolled into one.

It happened last summer as well, when people had the temerity to say that Jack Grealish wasn't worth £100m and wasn't going to score 20+ goals while Pep turned him into hairy Zidane.

Pretty much the only reason why I'm saying this is because I don't want to read through pages and pages of utter shite on their performance threads next season where half of the posters say they knew they were shit and refuse to give them credit for anything, closely followed by people saying again and again and again and again that we can't judge them until their second season.

Anybody else underwhelmed with us linked with Phillips and a LB from Brighton

Not me. Don't know enough to rate them or think they aren't good enough, so if there is any truth to the links, happy to trust the club.

Phillips looked good at the Euros btw, not sure if he is different at Leeds or if people are underwhelmed by him being at Leeds, but he seemed a good player a year ago.

Come on guys, you don't have to get arsey with someone just because they don't rate a couple of players we're being linked with.

Pretty much nobody here wanted Phillips but the links started a while ago so I guess we're supposed to act like it's a brilliant move?

And Cucurella is decent enough but, again, there was no clamour for him until we started getting linked with him and now every time I see his name in a thread he seems to be getting closer and closer to prime Ashley Cole and Roberto Carlos rolled into one.

It happened last summer as well, when people had the temerity to say that Jack Grealish wasn't worth £100m and wasn't going to score 20+ goals while Pep turned him into hairy Zidane.

Pretty much the only reason why I'm saying this is because I don't want to read through pages and pages of utter shite on their performance threads next season where half of the posters say they knew they were shit and refuse to give them credit for anything, closely followed by people saying again and again and again and again that we can't judge them until their second season.
I think you miss out the gist of the comments being referred to. “Surely we should be doing better than going for Leeds and Brighton players” being the main issue for me. De Bruyne (Wolfsburg) and Silva (Valencia) have probably been our best players over the last decade but arrive from “top teams”. It’s arrogant too.

For the first time since supporting City (some 50 years) I feel like my opinion takes second place to Pep and the rest of the team at the club to make a better decision than me. That isn’t to say Pep doesn’t make mistakes. All managers make mistakes but a handful get to earn the right to make those mistakes.

Following on from that, the club have come a long way since the days of Keith Curle trudging off the pitch saying “that should do it” to a teammate in his bid to get Brian Horton sacked. None of the team have shockers on purpose. It just happens. Therefore the best cure is not read those pages of drivel after bad performances. I genuinely congratulate you for doing so. I can only imagine what it was like reading about Mahrez after the penalty miss v West Ham. You must have an iron constitution. It is difficult but I try not to go in on City players after a defeat.

Finally, well done on earning a like from BrazilianBlue Gus.

Worth noting, should we sign both Phillips and Cucurella, someone would have to leave.

We currently have one space, with Haaland and Alvarez (who has already been added to the squad list on the official website) coming in. Going by the CL quota which the club usually builds the squad to.

Might be Carson, might be Jesus, might be anyone, chances are they'd all get replaced regardless. And no Bazunu wouldn't affect that either, his status is the same as Carson's.

Last edited:

That last one you quote is Hardly arsey is it. Probably true with a good 90% posters here, myself included.

Worth noting, should we sign both Phillips and Cucurella, someone would have to leave.

We currently have one space, with Haaland and Alvarez (who has already been added to the squad list on the ifficial website btw) coming in. Going by the CL quota which the club usually builds the squad to.

Might be Carson, might be Jesus, might be anyone, chances are they'd all get replaced regardless. And no Bazunu wouldn't affect that either, his status is the same as Carson's.
This was what we submitted for the CL this year;

Nathan Ake
Joao Cancelo
Scott Carson
Kevin De Bruyne
Ederson
Ruben Dias
Jack Grealish
Ilkay Gundogan
Rodrigo
Gabriel Jesus
Aymeric Laporte
Romeo Lavia
Riyad Mahrez
Bernardo Silva
Fernandinho
Zack Steffen
Raheem Sterling
John Stones
Ferran Torres
Kyle Walker
Oleksandr Zinchenko

So take out Fernandinho and Ferran Torres for Haaland and Alvarez. I presume Carson will stick around but if he doesn't then we will definitely bring in a keeper so that spot would have to stay open.

Should we get Phillips then surely he would replace Lavia (Loan move or B list?)

Its not a case of not rating the players, its who they play for. If we were attempting Cucerella from Barca for 70m would it be a different story, similar if Phillips wasn't English.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.