It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

I think we have proven on more than one occasion that we will pay what we think is right.

Why do you care about getting stick about the fee. Just point them to our trophy cabinet in the past decade and ask who knows what their doing in world football.

yeah we can can obviously discuss the fee etc on here but its down to how desperate pep wants philips i guess and how the club think over a 5 year contract phillips could contribute? We as fans can only back what the club and manager thinks is best as they have done pretty well so far eh?

if it can be done if i was a player i would like my move done before the england duty to stop any questions about my future? Same with cucurella? Get your move done if possible and then go away?
Same mate I agree

Sidenote but I really hate arguments like "x player went for *clearly overpaid amount* so y player should go for that as well". No, just because one team overpaid doesn't mean other teams from now on should overpay as well, doesn't work that way. Not every CB should go for 80m because united are stupid and Maguire is crap.

Bro just answer me 1 question and i will never talk about fdj, where will you play him? Definitely not benching kdb or rodri? As for the other midfielder there are silva, gundo foden and also Jack if needed,
Yeh it's more if gundo leaves.... But we're looking at signing Phillips who is more of a 6 than an 8. So FDJ would just be used how Phillips, FDJ can and had played both too. It's for a season then when gundo leaves it's more minutes for either.

Can’t imagine FDJ even on the radar if Gundo leaves. 400k a week now… no chance City pay that.
No way he asks to be the highest paid player at the club... Above kdb and haaland no way. But if gundo leaves it's a no brainer, the guy has so much ability. Doesn't look like we're in for him anyway I guess.

If Sterling and Jesus leaves, we will lose pace in the final third, let's look at the pacey players available on the market

Leroy Sane (since they might buy mane, might look to offload him or Serge)

Serge Gnabry (same as sane)

Ousmane Dembele (still no contract talks, will get him for free, slight (massive) injury issue but might prosper)

Sadio Mane (0.000000001% but still up in the market isn't it)

Adama Traore (this deal doesn't seem likely, still one of the fastest and City were his admirers before barca loan)

Daniel James ( Even I don't know why i mentioned him)

Ismaila Sarr (Ahh I really admire him i see the Sadio Mane like potential, will be costing comparatively little, exiting talent)

Alan Saint Maximin (one of the most skilful players in the PL, Newcastle don't wanna lose him but could be lured off, one of the best Sterling replacements IMO)

did i miss anyone?

Saka from Arsenal. Brilliant young player.

If Jesus really wants to go offer him as part of the deal.

You need to research Alvarez some more. Granted he will be a new player in a new league but he is dynamic and is capable of playing in all 3 forward positions as well as dropping deep and has some experience as an attacking midfielder. How fast is he compared with Usain Bolt ? I don't know. His physique is very similar to Sergio and he was good enough to play for Real Madrid youths at 13 but they could not legally sign him then, so it is unlikely he is coming to spend much time on the bench, he may have to, but there is nothing to suggest he is not coming to compete from day 1.
That's possible, but bear in mind that his league's defending is statistically just below Championship level. We simply have no idea how he will fare in the Premier and Champion's League, and I hope very much that we are not depending on him to replace the attributes of Sane/Sterling/Jesus at this level.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.