It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Don't even know how you interpreted such, mate!

Genuine question, keeping Zin, having Cancelo, potentially buying Cucurella...

There needs to enough playing time to go around to keep everyone happy, even losing Mendy.

We know Zin can play higher up and Cucurella strikes me as someone who can get about the midfield?

I think we’d be better off shifting Zinny higher up. It’s his more natural position & may keep him happy enough to stay, with Cucu then playing in his own natural position.

Makes sense really, though Zin would still most likely be 2nd string for the most part.

I've said this a few times but while we think Zinchenko can play higher up, and his national team manager thinks he can, and Zinchenko thinks he can...Pep does not.

He's only played there twice in 5 years IIRC and has put Cancelo and Stones into midfield before him.

It might just be something Pep is blind to, he dind't think KDB could be a deeper midfielder until Roberto Martinez did it and Pep saw he excelled there.

Nathan Ake is a bit of a shock departure. It might give a inclining of his exclusion during the rest of the title run in

He wasn't excluded, he was injured. Twisted his ankle badly vs. Leeds and wasn't fit enough to play but made himself available for selection on the bench anyway.

The elephant in the room with Aké is Newcastle and Howe. They want a left footed CB, he's got a good relationship with Howe, he'd be available for about £50m so they can afford him and he's young enough to build a team around.

The thing with Madrid is Perez has promised a big attacking signing this summer for them. He doesn’t care that they have Hazard and Rodrygo, Madrid like shiny new toys
I think they will offload Hazard given half a chance.

If Pep considers Palmer one of his first team options on the right wing next season I'd much rather sell Mahrez this summer. Feels like he's more likely to attract an acceptable offer and the act of selling Raheem's main competition would surely persuade him to stay.

How likely are we to extend Riyad's contract anyway? If we're going to lose him on a free next summer anyway, surely it would be better, and easier, to move him on now?

Mahrez and Palmer are very similar. I think with Foden and Grealish on the left and Raheem and Palmer on the right you have real variety.

I realise he's got a young family with another on the way, but surely he'd be tempted by Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern or PSG?

WE have missed out on two potential Champions League success in the last two years mainly down to fatigue.

Our major key players at this time have to play too many games and when it comes to the final push they are running on empty.

Along with the 5 sub rule, I think we will be increasing the squad size and addressing the clear imbalances that exist.
Agree with this and really hope you are right.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.