It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

My friend, it seems you are misunderstanding my points. I am not “doing down” Alvarez, all I am saying is that people should manage their expectations about HIS START with us because I am reading a lot of wild predictions and expectations that are, above all, unfair to the player, who will need to be given time to settle. And I say this not thinking that I have “superior knowledge” than the club, quite the opposite, but rather being sure that this slow approach will be the one taken by Pep with him, hence why I compare him to Ferran Torres, who was also given spare opportunities in his first season, and in his second, had he not have had an injury and had stayed, would have been given even more.
When I compare the Argentinian league vs the Premier League (not to mention continental cups), it’s because everything is EXTREMELY different. The level of defending, the tactical organization of all teams, the overall quality of players, among other factors, is from almost another world. Alvarez will get used to it with time and I suspect will EVENTUALLY fully catch up, but it NATURALLY won’t be immediate, especially as Pep will slowly AND SMARTLY ease him in. It’s not like even in the River Plate first team he started at this best level right away.
I hope I have clarified MY perspective, which you don’t have to agree with, but which I have not delivered in the tone that you seem to be assuming
Using all caps isn't going to change anyone's mind on you bud.

Tell you what Gus, you like a long post fella......
Sorry but I write regular, normal posts with points like everyone else and open this forum the next day in the morning and see people gratuitously calling me “condescending little shit”, the least I will do is stand up for myself and try to clarify what I meant. People can feel free to ignore the posts, but hopefully on the way they also ignore these strong instincts to misinterpret and mischaracterize what I say and offend me, because I swear to you it is suffocating and I don’t know what else to do. When I think I have significantly toned down and this harassment still doesn’t stop

I am hyped as f for Alvarez, the unknown factor on how he can adapt his skill in premier leagues makes the excitement for him is higher than even haaland atm.

My friend, it seems you are misunderstanding my points. I am not “doing down” Alvarez, all I am saying is that people should manage their expectations about HIS START with us because I am reading a lot of wild predictions and expectations that are, above all, unfair to the player, who will need to be given time to settle. And I say this not thinking that I have “superior knowledge” than the club, quite the opposite, but rather being sure that this slow approach will be the one taken by Pep with him, hence why I compare him to Ferran Torres, who was also given spare opportunities in his first season, and in his second, had he not have had an injury and had stayed, would have been given even more.
When I compare the Argentinian league vs the Premier League (not to mention continental cups), it’s because everything is EXTREMELY different. The level of defending, the tactical organization of all teams, the overall quality of players, among other factors, is from almost another world. Alvarez will get used to it with time and I suspect will EVENTUALLY fully catch up, but it NATURALLY won’t be immediate, especially as Pep will slowly AND SMARTLY ease him in. It’s not like even in the River Plate first team he started at this best level right away.
I hope I have clarified MY perspective, which you don’t have to agree with, but which I have not delivered in the tone that you seem to be assuming
Ok Gus
Whilst I hear what you’re saying my point is people on this forum get excited about signings like Alvarez, Kayky and Jesus. The thought of uncovering a South American talent for City is something we all dream of seeing.
Of course they’re unproven entities in the premiership but you have to admit our scouting system generally knows their stuff and have done their homework.
You also have to admit Pep knows how to bring talent on and get the best out of players. He doesn’t rush young players. Ever.
You seem to go to great lengths to tell us to guard against being too optimistic about these players’ prospects and I guess that rubs some of us up the wrong way. Whilst I am sure you know much about South American football even you will admit there is no way of predicting how successful any one player will be in the premier league or even within any specific team…far too many variables!
Rather than speculating I prefer to hope for the best and see how things turn out in reality. Each to our own.

Sorry but I write regular, normal posts with points like everyone else and open this forum the next day in the morning and see people gratuitously calling me “condescending little shit”, the least I will do is stand up for myself and try to clarify what I meant. People can feel free to ignore the posts, but hopefully on the way they also ignore these strong instincts to misinterpret and mischaracterize what I say and offend me, because I swear to you it is suffocating and I don’t know what else to do. When I think I have significantly toned down and this harassment still doesn’t stop

Bullying should be reported,don't hold your breath....but report it none the less.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.