It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

There are doubts amongst supporters but maybe not so much Pep who tends to prefer a "horses for courses" approach as he showed when calling on Zinchenko for his 28th "cameo" of the season when a change was needed on Sunday.
While I again agree with you (especially in providing an assist for the equaliser) until Kyle Walker's injury he was still on the periphery instead of being the first name on the team sheet. Cucurella's signing will push him further behind. He could provide cover in midfield but Pep has rarely picked him in that role/position. It is looking like Kalvin Phillips is the next in line to provide cover.

You are correct imo up until you made no mention of the significant contribution Zinchenko made to the historic comeback. I find it hard to believe a knowledgable poster like you could omit mention of his performance. The West Ham game highlighted many weaknesses of many players, but in the very rare games where he plays in a team that draws or loses, he is the first to have the blame heaped on him, lucky for him we don't lose too many games when he plays and he doesn't score og's or miss penalties.
The Cameo bit

The Cameo bit
Ok, but you said that in another post. I have adult children in show business and a cameo performance to them is made by a big name star added for publicity purposes but with no other purpose in the show. Sorry you may have used it as a compliment but I read it as a put down.

Ok, but you said that in another post. I have adult children in show business and a cameo performance to them is made by a big name star added for publicity purposes but with no other purpose in the show. Sorry you may have used it as a compliment but I read it as a put down.
It is not a negative it is alongside the assist Balotelli's vs QPR in terms of importance;but as a player being part of the future I don't think Zin will (even though I said I still love the player along with Fernandinho). More than likely Pep is planning for a formation change where Zin's role will become less prominant, especially with the new with signings.

Last edited:
While I again agree with you (especially in providing an assist for the equaliser) until Kyle Walker's injury he was still on the periphery instead of being the first name on the team sheet. Cucurella's signing will push him further behind. He could provide cover in midfield but Pep has rarely picked him in that role/position. It is looking like Kalvin Phillips is the next in line to provide cover.
I'm not too sure about that, to be fair for a guy on the periphery he's made a considerable contribution, when fit, over the past five seasons, a fact that was imo well illustrated by an article in the M.E.N. yesterday discussing the transfer complications his leaving might trigger. I will be surprised if he leaves, unless it is his wish, he is not afraid to fight for his place and Cucurella is a different type of player to him and together they would provide variable options on the left just as Walker/Cancelo are different types of players on the right. None of them will play 50+ games imo. and he will always be an option in midfield even if rarely used their.
If Phillips comes as a replacement in the squad for Ferna's place, I would be very surprised if he would come as cover, with the prospect of getting as few minutes as Ferna got this season, I would expect an English international to be looking for regular playing time and not settling for less as Zinchenko or Ferna did recently. With Haaland & Alvarez coming the whole shape may be adjusted, including the midfield and I think there will be many variations, and I don't think the false 9 will be totally abandoned either, great fun for Klopp wondering will he face the false 9 or will it be the big 9, or even both in the same game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.