It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Let's be honest now the chances of multiple world class players good enough for our team coming through the academy at one time is low. We have palmer and mcatee. I think they are the top prospects- everyone else can probably go
We have over 200 players at the academy right now, but let’s call it 200 for simplicity. 2 or 3 will make our first team, which means as many as 198 will be sold or released. It’s totally normal and a fundamental part of our business model.

Phillips fee is probably £10-15 million too high imo. The extra is unlikely to kill us though. Adds the depth we need in that area and although he's not exactly lightening quick he has more mobility than Rodri which the alternative to him had to have. Let's hope he is never as bad for us as he was in an England shirt against Hungary as that was a shitshow.
At least £20 million too light imo

Let's be honest now the chances of multiple world class players good enough for our team coming through the academy at one time is low. We have palmer and mcatee. I think they are the top prospects- everyone else can probably go

I think the stated aim was one per year group able to make it to first team squad level and two would be amazing - just about where we are

Re the Jesus & Phillips deals? Jesus cost £27m in 2017 and has a book value of around £4.5m with a year left on his contract - selling for 10x his book value with a year left is amazing business.

Buying Phillips for £42m is good business - 26, England regular and 2 years left on the contract
Not sure that multiples of book value have anything to do with how good business a deal is.
By that reckoning any money for Foden would be fabulous business presumably he doesn't have a value on our balance sheet.

A fair number of outgoings from the youth team or maybe it's just that, like buses they are all happening at once. A lot of talented youth throughout all age groups at City they won't all make it but a shame to see them go without having more of a chance. Have to trust the club on who they think will make it with us and of course the players themselves will have to do what they feel is best for them.

The reality is the academy is mainly for making money and has been quite a successful at that so far. We'll keep the most talented players like Delap, McAtee, Palmer for ourselves and sell those we don't think will make the grade.

I'm sure a few will slip through the net and go on to be top players but I think we'll know which ones are capable of making the step up.

bi of an exodus this summer from youth team, probably decision made that not many will cut it at first team so lets sell them instead of slowly building them in and risk them in bigger games especially we really try to win the CL.
120 minutes in Carabao aint doing the much in a season anyway.

I can see Egan Riley, Edozie, Muric, Harwood-Bellis etc all gone for peanuts like 0.2-0.5m fees.
we have another set of younger ones like Couto, Kayky we bought in for a good few millions but still big question marks on them cutting it at top level...
and then we have Delap, Palmer, McAtee the most hyped trio in our youth team, they seem to be way behind in comparison Foden's path but they need to start playing amongst adults asap not just for to have a career within City but to actually cut in a PL lower half team career wise.

Assume there will be some add ons to take it 50m

In any case, outgoings of Jesus and Raz (IF) will offset the incoming of Phillips and Cucurella approximately

Great start to our window!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.