Cucurella - Zinchenko
Rodri - Phillips
KDB - McAtee
Silva - Gundogan
Mahrez - Palmer
Foden - Grealish
Haaland - Alvarez
Think this looks perfect personally.
Top quality cover in all positions and a chance for Palmer and McAtee to get game time.
They may prove to be not quite ready but other players can rotate into these positions.
It doesn't have to be Mahrez or Palmer, Phil or Bernie can do it
Yes injuries could leave us short but there has to be a balance to keep people happy.
Dead excited to see Haaland and Alvarez

According to pol on the athletic podcast the haaland deal ate into a lot of our budget for the summer and as a result we will operate with a one in one out scenario.

Makes sense why we closed the deal with Leeds the same time we agreed the fee with Arsenal for Jesus. I would imagine once Sterling is sold we will then begin talking to Brighton to try and get cucurella. I expect that to be the last major moves for this window
He is talking out of his arse tbf. We had the funds for Kane last summer that went unspent. Plus the Torres money from January

Mate, I don't mean this as a personal atrack, but people really need to learn the correct application of Occam's Razor. It was never intended for conclusive deduction.

It's a heuristic.

In journalism, it stinks of laziness and a lack of research and investigative rigour.

Sorry...pet peeve!

More like burke’s dinghy than Occam’s razor, you’re right.

Do you think agents and others (not to mention the players signing on fees) get nothing from other transfers? Just because the media add it to Haalands fee doesn't mean we have to buy into it when they don't do it for anyone else.

Pogba fee was reported 89m plus 30/40m in addons at the time it was reported! Like I said when accounts are out and they publish agent fee paid we Will see! One good thing though agent fee has changed now

It's not like we sit on massive profits every year. We have a large turnover, but we also have huge outgoings.

According to Swiss Ramble, our wages+transfer amortisation in the last accounts was £500m, and Haaland's basic salary + fees will be something like £38m a year over five years.

That's nearly our entire revenue for a year.

We pay good wages because we have high revenue, and we keep the squad smaller than most. We could have four or five more average players hanging around like Liverpool, but then we'd be the ones telling de Bruyne we couldn't pay a big new contract, rather than Liverpool and Salah.

I get that… but that’s not quite how it works…. We have offered Haaland a large wage over the term of his contract but we don’t have to put that in an escrow account now - we just need to balance income and expenditure over time. If the club needs x million at short notice I’m certain we have a rolling credit line with our bankers.. it’s laughable that we need to sell before we make a bid. The more general clear out of bench and youth players - may have positive financial implications but I’m sure it’s largely motivated by a footballing agenda to give space for others to thrive.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.