It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

But don't you think that lots of other clubs would have been more than happy to pay the release clause??
It was a great bit of business and he deserves credit for getting Haaland to sign on the dotted line.
Haaland could've gone anywhere cause the 51m release clause was too cheap for many clubs, Brighton could've activated that
Haalaand's love for the club was the major factor I think he deserves the credit imo, he chose us over Real Madrid

'Entitlement' seems to the new buzzword for some 'the club can do no wrong' types.

And comparing us to the club we were in the 20th century is just plain daft.

As an elite club,one of the very best in the world,its not unreasonable to expect our club to have its shit together where squad deficiencies and transfers are concerned.

Our left back situation should not have deteriorated to the level it currently is,and we should be looking to bring in the best replacement midfielders available when ours succumb to advancing years,that has fuck all to do with entitlement,its who we now are.
Quote me if you’re going to pick my comments lol. I never said we were the same club, I hinted the ownership was different in that we didn’t buy players and won fuck all. We are now one of the best in the world yet some just want more… it’s a game where 22 blokes kick a ball full of air around, it’s not a life or death situation. It doesn’t really matter in the grand scheme of things.
Ok we may not win a trophy one season, so what? We go again the next season. The “best replacement” isn’t always the best player and thats where many get entitled and throw toys out the pram, “I want X” or “we have to buy Y” that’s not how a successful business is run and the guy who owns us isn’t all that bad at business as an FYI. He’s not daft and has the right people in charge who HE trusts, he doesn’t care what you or me think as we are not on his level of understanding the business.
After all the years of shit we have had as a club, only City fans could moan about us now. It’s laughable, it genuinely is laughable but not surprising.

Player with character. We need some of those.

If your definition of "players with character" doesn't describe many of those in this City squad then I'm not really sure what you're describing is a good thing.

He's a 26 year old prospect; let's not act like he's going to single handedly rejuvenate a squad of players far more talented than him and with the credentials to show it.

What are people's opinions on Maddison? From what I have seen our fanbase are quite conflicted.

Maddison
Bellingham
Chilwell
Stones
Phillips
Foden
Grealish
Walker
Lewis

That is very English heavy. We'd have to put faith in Southgate not to injure half our team on international duty.
Minimum 5 of them would be injured after a training drill

Haaland could've gone anywhere cause the 51m release clause was too cheap for many clubs, Brighton could've activated that
Haalaand's love for the club was the major factor I think he deserves the credit imo, he chose us over Real Madrid
Yet if Haaland had signed for some other team I'm sure Tix would have been given loads of shit for not getting it done..
Credit where it's due

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.