It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

unless we're keeping hold of at least one of Gundo/Bernardo/Mahrez, then surely another attacking midfielder or winger on the cards?
Perhaps. But I just sense all the other links seem tenuous at best. This two seem substantial in comparison. That said, Txiki has a way of stealth dropping unexpected deals :)

In case he is listening, Raphael Leao please :D

unless we're keeping hold of at least one of Gundo/Bernardo/Mahrez, then surely another attacking midfielder or winger on the cards?
Don’t reckon Mahrez is gonna go his wife and kids are settled in Manchester plus that offer might be a little lower but it will still be there from Saudi when his contract finishes. He knows he can still do it at the top level.

Less confident on Gundo even though Ric had said he was hearing good things, surely he’s given the club an answer as to what’s happening with his career as we can’t keep on seeing targets go to rivals if he’s gonna end up leaving.

Bernardo is gonna be one that lasts all summer and ends up staying at the end.

Perhaps. But I just sense all the other links seem tenuous at best. This two seem substantial in comparison. That said, Txiki has a way of stealth dropping unexpected deals :)

In case he is listening, Raphael Leao please :D
You do realise he’s just extended with AC Milan through to 2028. Not even pretty please with sugar on top is going to make that sweet enough to happen.

A lot of people seem to want Bernardo, but I don't see anyone short of Saudi paying what we expect for him. There is no need to sell him yet. Maybe next summer. Or just let him leave on a free. Probably worth the money to have him for those two years.

I am quite confident that we are operating a 1 in 1 out policy given the noises of Pep being happy with the current squad size, albeit there may be a flexibility of +1 to cover the spot left vacant from the start of last season with Cancelo leaving in Jan. That said I am quite confident that Kovacic will replace Gundo’s spot and Gvardiol Laporte’s. Declan Rice et al seems agent/selling club talk and unless Bernardo and/or Mahrez move I can’t see many incomings this summer. The sheer lack of links, and the fact we plan well in advance and are rarely reactive screams to me that City have assessed the market and don’t see value and are willing to chance their arm next summer, hoping some talent emerges next season as we’ve seen with Kvara, Caciedo, Lavia etc this year.
I agree mostly with you, except Kovacic replacing Gundo… I’m still hoping Gundo re-signs, but if he doesn’t, I hope we’re in the market for someone else. Kovacic, to me, seems like a squad-filler. I think he’s a decent player, but he isn’t a Gundo replacement! I’d be looking for a Kimmich level signing to replace Ilkay (if he were to leave).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.