It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Spanish press with the most ridiculous news saying Bernardo is close to joining the Saudi pro league.
would feel like a kick in the teeth if he did that because for god knows how many years he's wanted to leave us to be closer to portugal....

Walker mentioned in an interview with Jill Scott that a City player was getting married over the summer. Not sure if that was in regard to either Bernardo or Gundo.
Bernie. Gundo last summer which none of the players went to I don't recall

How many players of Barella's ilk have moved to the Prem in the last 15-20 years? I'd say very very few, if any. Chiellini, Bonucci, Pirlo, Totti, Gattuso, Vieri, Zambrotta, Marchisio, Ambrosini are just several off the top of my head that I believe based on skill sets, pace, mentality and work rate would have been very influential in the Prem. As good as Vialli and Zola were Del Piero was better than either. There are Italian youngsters there now like Bastoni and Scalvini who would walk into almost any team in the Prem today. I think a lot of people on here, and I'm not saying you, mix up the current relative strength of Serie A with the individual qualities of the best Italian players. They are 2 entirely different things. JMO
My point is entirely different. I can’t recall any Italians tearing it up in the North West. Going from Nonna’s home cooking in Italy to the home of Gregg’s could be a culture shock unless you’ve done your due diligence. I’m actually a fan of Italian football (not the theatrics and rolling around), and I don’t doubt the quality of Italian players. I’m just saying your average Roman Centurion used get posted to Hadrian’s Wall as a punishment and I don’t think much has changed in attitude in the intervening 1900 years. Your average Italian player doesn’t perform so well on a diet of Stotty Cakes, Pudding in the Corner and Newcastle Brown Ale. Give it 6 months and he’ll be craving a Vongolle with a glass of Frascati.

We would let him go to a premier club and they’ll be at Least 2/3 who would pay up for him Villa West Ham and spurs
I can’t see him at Villa or West Ham… maybe Spurs, but that’s a push. I feel he sees himself as an elite defender (I’m solely basing that on his nationality switch because he wasn’t being picked for France and his propensity to spit his dummy when not played). I have just googled it and there seems a bit of chatter for him to Spurs, so I guess that might happen. Either way, I hope we get decent money, because he is still a class defender and I have loved watching him on the ball.

I've seen rumours of Tonali to Newcastle. He was the next big thing in Italy before his transfer has he dropped off a cliff? I would have thought we would be interested.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.