It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Bernardo will be the Oscar to China signing if it happens. There trying to make it an all star league to get the viewership to create a league that takes off.
It's a sideshow. A circus. Putting 2 or 3 big names, half of them washed up, on a team of stiffs is a joke. Talk about looking for shortcuts. Will any serious fans be inclined to watch?

If the Saudis are going to pay these type of salaries why go for Bernardo? As great a player as he is for us these moves aren't football moves. They are "look at us" moves. Why not offer the world to Mbappe, Vinicius Jr., Haaland, Osimhen. Bernardo is world class but not someone for the marquee. What the fuck is going on?
WTF is going on?

It's called building a league and a country's reputation.

Was anyone talking about Saudi a couple of years ago? NO

Now everyone is talking about them, job done!!

Then make them available.

Money talks.
arab-sheikh-throwing-money-on-singer-d68mk5mm17o1b8gt.gif

In all seriousness it looks like we could well be losing several senior players, the wallet may well have to be opened and wide open at that.

It's certainly a different approach. I said when the Saudis bought Newcastle, they won't give a flying fuck who they upset as long as they meet their objectives. The PL think the UAE and even Qatar are the problem? Just wait until the Saudis really get going.

115 charges my arse.

Taking the money that was paid for Kante into consideration we should easily be able to get £250 mill for Silva, right? Not that i'd take it. Prefer him to stay.

I'm sure for the last two years he never envisaged a scenario where someone was prepared to pay him £2m a-week and the first 12 months up front?

Things change, morals, perspectives, career plans.

Winning that Champions League probably also changed a few mindsets.

In general, maybe. With this particular one, I'm going to persist with my disbelief, until proven wrong. I just can't see it bud.

Not everyone is completely driven by money.

People making such claims are hypothetically putting themselves in that position. They are not putting elite professional footballers who already earn big big money in that position.

It is 'life changing' money for a nurse, or the average person, of course it is. It is hardly as life changing for someone on 300k a week. That's before you even consider their dreams of winning things, playing in certain leagues or for certain clubs, lifting trophies etc.

I can't see Bernardo going there. These rumours will ramp up as the Saudis try to show other players they can attract top players and everyone should think about it. Just two days ago the same was said for Gundogan, has he joined? Has Mahrez? Has Messi?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.