It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

He still can cover that position with minimum fuss when required and is a similar standard to Declan Rice.
He might, he might not. But you don't know that. As excellent a player Stones is you're underestimating Rice's capacity as a DM. IMO he's near elite in that particular role.

I reckon Akanji can do it as well mate
So now our backs are 6s? Phillips not good enough to play as a lone 6 but Stones and Akanji who have never done it could step right in no questions asked? Hmm...

It’s absolutely crazy how serious some take these transfers and any sort of news. Not so much here but Twitter is just mad at the moment. See some messages people hounding Ornstein and so on and sending him shit, just crazy.

I just see this as fun, like most I think, if we sign Rice/Gvardiol etc fine, if not, I trust the worlds best run club to sort it elsewhere.

I dread to think what some will do if we don’t end up signing exactly who THEY want.

It’s absolutely crazy how serious some take these transfers and any sort of news. Not so much here but Twitter is just mad at the moment. See some messages people hounding Ornstein and so on and sending him shit, just crazy.

I just see this as fun, like most I think, if we sign Rice/Gvardiol etc fine, if not, I trust the worlds best run club to sort it elsewhere.

I dread to think what some will do if we don’t end up signing exactly who THEY want.

Arsenal fans are mad. Any notion of a player they are after not wanting to go to them they go crazy. Look at West ham central Arsenal fans have been digging into his past tweets some from 2016. They are a deranged fan base not normal. Some even asking why would Rice go to us over them.

Can't see him making more than a handful of appearances, I think we should be looking at sending him back on loan there (or Burnley)?

That would surely benefit him more than occasionally sitting on our bench and playing against MK Dons in the 3rd round of the energy drink cup!

Same was said about Rico Lewis

City generally quite stubborn and methodical in the market. I think it's more important to keep Bernado now than anything? If we don't, then we're in for an interesting time. I like Rice, but he's not as creative as either of the two midfielders leaving. I don't really see were else we go, TBH, and I can't imagine a Pep midfield with Rodri, Rice and Foden/KDB as being the thing. Rice is a guy he'd have made a CB at one point. Pausa players? Xavi, Gundo types? There must be possibilities but there's nothing lined up that I can see, and there are no names that really spring to mind, a couple in Germany, one or two in Spain, but there is no noise surrounding them whatsoever.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.