It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

If people want to do their own research I can assure you the midfield market is not short on options and we will be absolutely fine without Rice.
I’ve listed everyone I think is “obtainable” don’t think there’s a huge amount, that Enzo Le Fee is an amazing prospect or Szoboszlai for me.

I’ve listed everyone I think is “obtainable” don’t think there’s a huge amount, that Enzo Le Fee is an amazing prospect or Szoboszlai for me.
Wave 85 mil at Inter or Bayern and see if Barella or Kimmich shake free...

Don't think Alvarez will start much unless his first touch improves a whole lot. Looks like everything is going to be compressed and we are looking at players who can play in the tightest of spaces. Alvarez's first touch is among the worst in the team and his short passing is also not great.

That's why we are going for powerful players who can receive the ball in a tight space and hold off or push past the defender (like everyone used to run through Rodri in his first year). If that first burst is successful then I expect it'll go up to Haaland quicker than this year otherwise it'll get the usual Pep recycle across the front with Rice or Rodri doing what Stones was doing this year with Rice ready to race back into defence should we lose the ball (picture Grealish against Salah).

That's why I'm also not expecting a fast pacy winger. They'd almost be a waste. Pep 4.0 is going to be unbelievably solid with a lot of vertical runners coming backwards on transition (I think Jose Chelsea has the least goals conceded in a season and I expect we will be challenging that). All these ball players at the back are there for how compressed it's going to be - they'll need to be the playmakers almost when everything is in the opposition third.

Then I expect lots of intricacy around the penalty area to find quick darting runs into the box to either create a shooting opportunity or a pull back to the edge of the box for a Rodri pass into the box. We used to be masters of the tap in but I'm expecting the Rodri goal against Inter to be the typical city goal next year. That or a Haaland madness.

The wingers and dribblers will be used to push the defensive line back rather than break it. Then they'll either try and find something short for Haaland's quick movement and power or pull it back into the space on the edge of the box.

That's what I think anyway
Exactly why I would try Alvarez out wide on the right...

I am, actually ;)

Kids under-15s football coach.

As for Rice the player, I'm more excited what it might do for Rodri's game?

I think Rodders could be like Yaya with someone having his back.
I wholeheartedly agree!

Potential maurauding runs forward, coupled with a steel on hand at that end of the pitch should we lose the ball in attack.

I am, actually ;)

Kids under-15s football coach.

As for Rice the player, I'm more excited what it might do for Rodri's game?

I think Rodders could be like Yaya with someone having his back.
10-15 goals a season in Rodri at least.

Same with Rice for that matter in time, he's a far better footballer than most people realise.

10-15 goals a season in Rodri at least.

Same with Rice for that matter in time, he's a far better footballer than most people realise.
10-15 goals for RODDERS, wow that would be phenomenal. That would definitely bring out the best in GREALISH and he will finally have his first 10+ goals season! Happy days ahead!

Great post for me; sums up what I think I think about this.
I like the idea we are a club where our bid is our bid.

Whilst I tend to agree, we are more public with this bid and have created a situation where we now know Arsenal's final hand.

Rice is Premier proven and we have the cash this summer to make a real statement, one way or the other.

Still think Phillips could be important in any revised offer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.