It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

It's out of Rice's hands, he wants Arsenal and always has, personal terms have been agreed and everything but it's now down to the clubs to agree a fee.

I'll be amazed if he ends up at City.

The only thing that doesn't stand up for me is why are City not aware of this? Wouldn't Rice give some indication to save Arsenal £30m?

It's out of Rice's hands, he wants Arsenal and always has, personal terms have been agreed and everything but it's now down to the clubs to agree a fee.

We wouldn't have made a public bid had we not had assurances from the player of his intention to join.
Too much face to lose, we value our integrity very highly

The only thing that doesn't stand up for me is why are City not aware of this? Wouldn't Rice give some indication to save Arsenal £30m?

Well it's evident that he and his camp have told City that he would be happy to come to City. Otherwise we wouldn't bid. He may have a preference for Arsenal but saying 'it's only Arsenal' would imply that City have either been completely hoodwinked and bid, or that we are happy to up the price for Arsenal. Can't see either of those being true.

Ha, so because he questioned Tolmie he’s a school kid.

It’s a City transfer forum. Not a Tolmie cult.
Tolmie can be questioned. Obviously he also doesn’t have to answer.

We all love the info but not everyone is a happy clapper. Relax.
No, he's a school kid because he's actually a school kid.

I have no idea why you bring "happy clappers" into it. Perhaps you just don't understand the term?

It’s well known though that he wanted Arsenal. He wanted Arsenal because they were the most serious and biggest club in for him. Things change though. We’ve come to the table very very late, so could it not be the case that Rice now thinks ‘wow, I’d love to join City too?’.

He’s probably in a great position where he’d be happy to join either depending on who agrees a fee. He can hardly tell Arsenal ‘no’ because what does he do if City then don’t agree a fee or aren’t as serious as Arsenal?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.