It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

RE Gaughan’s piece. I’ll likely get shit but not signing a midfielder unless one goes is a bit short-sighted IMO. Bernie wants to go, has done for years, so the succession plan needs to start at some point.

Signing a player depending on him staying or leaving doesn’t sit right with me (like that matters) for some reason.
Gaughans piece also suggested that now that Rice deal didnt work out, theyll keep Bernardo

I think it’s pretty obvious the club are desperate to be seen as a club who are prudent above all else. We have made a very obvious effort to minimise our net expenditure over the last 5 years and both pep and khaldoon have referenced our net spend in interviews last season.

Pep is the reason why this approach has worked imo. Make no mistake though with the investment teams around us are making they will close the gap on us if we stand still. Do wish the club weren’t so bothered about how they are perceived around the league

This is my concern, the club are operating with a remarkably small squad and we are relying on Pep to perform miracles.

For me the fact the club went out to try and Bellingham and Rice shows that they know they need a CM. I've made my feelings clear on Kovacic and how little he moves the needle, they do need more.

If the plan is for Foden to move centrally, then a winger has to be signed.

There is still time to bring in another, but they also need to cognisant that other clubs are stronger. Arsenal will be an even bigger threat next season.

We've lost one quality player and added one quality player to a squad which has just won the treble.

Are you well?
We've lost the captain of the treble winning side, who scored crucial goals to win us trophies, and look to have replaced him with a player who whilst undeniably talented, couldn't nail down a place in a side that finished 12th last season and has scored a grand total of 4 league goals in the last 5 years.

That is not ambitious enough for a side looking to go all the way again.

Kovacic as added depth - great signing. As Gundo's replacement? I think it's madness.

Now, if the plan is to move Phil into that role, I'd be very happy with that. But that would leave us needing at least one addition out wide IMO, regardless of the futures of Bernardo and Mahrez.

Just a thought, Kovacic is the Gundogan replacement. What if the next midfielder is the long term KDB replacement? Like Rodri was for Fernandinho

We've lost the captain of the treble winning side, who scored crucial goals to win us trophies, and look to have replaced him with a player who whilst undeniably talented, couldn't nail down a place in a side that finished 12th last season and has scored a grand total of 4 league goals in the last 5 years.
You will be pleasantly surprised.

RE Gaughan’s piece. I’ll likely get shit but not signing a midfielder unless one goes is a bit short-sighted IMO. Bernie wants to go, has done for years, so the succession plan needs to start at some point.

Signing a player depending on him staying or leaving doesn’t sit right with me (like that matters) for some reason.
Jack was supposed to be Bernardo’s replacement.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.