It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Kovačić say hi

Please don't underestimate how good he is, some say we've got a soft underbelly throughout the side, he's got big boots to fill but he'll put steel in the side along with linking defense to attack
Who is the "some" that say we have a soft underbelly? We've just won everything in one season. I've seen some mental gymnastics on here about how good kovacic is, despite the fact that he's not been the motm in a game for 2 years, but now he's the "hardman we've been missing". Jesus. He has a clean slate with me but we need to calm down a smidge.

I think this is wishful thinking but I hope that the club are keeping any alternatives under wraps and comes out of the blue. Imagine we leverage the full potential of our worldwide CFG scouting network and pick up some cheap wonderkid from like under £20M. Brighton-esque.

Look at brighton, they bought Caiceido from Ecuador for £4.5M in 2021 and now he's most likely to be sold for an excess of £80M!!

I know experience and all but I would love us to cut the middleman and pick up these gems ourselves rather than rely on the likes of brighton to develop these players and us then consequently pay 10x the value they were originally bought for.

Jack Gaughan is the "spin doctor" for Txiki.

Khaldoons words & Txiki actions don`t match. We are one of the richest clubs in the world & Txiki is out there acting like we are broke. I guess positiv media narratives & the net spend trophy are now more important. Pep might save the day (again) next season but i`m not optimistic.

EDS sales/loans , Bernardo drama, some sales of 1st team players will be the script for the next 6 weeks & perhaps mid august we might do a "value signing".
I think it’s pretty obvious the club are desperate to be seen as a club who are prudent above all else. We have made a very obvious effort to minimise our net expenditure over the last 5 years and both pep and khaldoon have referenced our net spend in interviews last season.

Pep is the reason why this approach has worked imo. Make no mistake though with the investment teams around us are making they will close the gap on us if we stand still. Do wish the club weren’t so bothered about how they are perceived around the league

Jack Gaughan is the "spin doctor" for Txiki.

Khaldoons words & Txiki actions don`t match. We are one of the richest clubs in the world & Txiki is out there acting like we are broke. I guess positiv media narratives & the net spend trophy are now more important. Pep might save the day (again) next season but i`m not optimistic.

EDS sales/loans , Bernardo drama, some sales of 1st team players will be the script for the next 6 weeks & perhaps mid august we might do a "value signing".
We've lost one quality player and added one quality player to a squad which has just won the treble.

Are you well?

I think it’s pretty obvious the club are desperate to be seen as a club who are prudent above all else. We have made a very obvious effort to minimise our net expenditure over the last 5 years and both pep and khaldoon have referenced our net spend in interviews last season.

Pep is the reason why this approach has worked imo. Make no mistake though with the investment teams around us are making they will close the gap on us if we stand still. Do wish the club weren’t so bothered about how they are perceived around the league
Scary times when he leaves.

I have always thought the plan was for Kovacic to cover Rodri/Gundogan role.
KDB to become more of an 8 and Foden and Alvarez to share the 10 position.
For me Bernardo staying is key with him and Mahrez options on the right. Grealish can be covered by Foden as we know.
Like many, I wonder if Oscar Bobb takes Palmer's place in the squad.
I’ve got a feeling we will play 2 up top next year

I think this is wishful thinking but I hope that the club are keeping any alternatives under wraps and comes out of the blue. Imagine we leverage the full potential of our worldwide CFG scouting network and pick up some cheap wonderkid from like under £20M. Brighton-esque.

Look at brighton, they bought Caiceido from Ecuador for £4.5M in 2021 and now he's most likely to be sold for an excess of £80M!!

I know experience and all but I would love us to cut the middleman and pick up these gems ourselves rather than rely on the likes of brighton to develop these players and us then consequently pay 10x the value they were originally bought for.

Whilst other teams are poaching our staff, we should poach Brighton's scouts and transfer department!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.