It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

We need another creative player even if all stay in my opinion. The one thing that could possibly derail us next season is Kev. Once he is out Haaland don’t get the same service. It’s needs to be addressed. Apart from an injury to Rodri. Phillips needs to step up and help him out or he will be gone.
My hope is for Foden plus some of the youth to fill that role, but I can also definitely see a big name young attacker being brought in (Wirtz).

I just think it's more likely we do that when Kev retires rather than before that.

My hope is for Foden plus some of the youth to fill that role, but I can also definitely see a big name young attacker being brought in (Wirtz).

I just think it's more likely we do that when Kev retires rather than before that.
Timing is important and we don’t want to upset Kev. A young player willing to learn for a season or two would be ideal. Any about? That’s the problem.

What age is Dave’s son? Out of nappies yet? -:)

Walkers stays, Laporte goes, and Gvardiol comes in.

Our options for 5 defensive players are these 8 players:

Gvardiol
Ake
Dias
Rodri
Philips
Stones
Akanji
Walker

That's pretty good depth to me.

Our options for 5 attacking players are these 8 players + 3 youth options

Grealish
Haaland
Alvarez
KdB
Kovacic
Lewis
Foden
Bernie or Mahrez (Don't think both stay)

+ McAtee, Palmer, Bobb

And that looks pretty good to me too.

Edit: I forgot Rico Lewis! Thanks for the poster who reminded me.
Sergio Gomez. He doesn't want to leave, and he has been one of the best players at the U-21 European Championships. I hope we try him out on the wings. That's where he thrives for Spain.

Finally, I reckon Palmer and maybe even McAtee might go out on loan, although I would be in favor of keeping them around. I rate both highly.

Timing is important and we don’t want to upset Kev. A young player willing to learn for a season or two would be ideal. Any about? That’s the problem.

What age is Dave’s son? Out of nappies yet? -:)
Yeah I just don't think there are any is the thing, Wirtz seem to want to settle at Leverkusen for a bit.

I'm totally happy with asking Foden to take that responsibility from KdB in the centre, and asking Bobb or McAtee who can also play in the centre as subs to also chip in.

Sergio Gomez. He doesn't want to leave, and he has been one of the best players at the U-21 European Championships. I hope we try him out on the wings. That's where he thrives for Spain.

Finally, I reckon Palmer and maybe even McAtee might go out on loan, although I would be in favor of keeping them around. I rate both highly.
I just don't personally rate Gomez at all.

He isn't playing as a winger for Spain like he would at City, the fullbacks are overlapping alot and he is basically playing in midfield.

He's a good crosser, and good passer in general, but I've watched him in these Euros and it's more about how he finds space in the Spain system to get shots and stuff.

He isn't a good dribbler which is extremely important for us out wide.

Maybe he can play in midfield for us, but I prefer our other options.

Yeah I just don't think there are any is the thing, Wirtz seem to want to settle at Leverkusen for a bit.

I'm totally happy with asking Foden to take that responsibility from KdB in the centre, and asking Bobb or McAtee who can also play in the centre as subs to also chip in.
If Foden is properly stepping up we need a new wide man at the very least.

I would love to see us bring a world-class potential younger creative type, a potential KDB successor. Planning for the future and all, especially since we will probably lose a world-class player this summer in Mahrez, Bernardo, or both.
If we lose Mahrez/Bernardo or especially if both, then we’ll definitely redress that imbalance.

Arsenal have apparently left everyone in their wake, with their ruthless transfers… they’ve added at least 5 goals from Havertz for £65m, they’ve added some top class bants and celebrations from Rice for £105m and now Timber for £40m or whatever it is. We surely need to spend or the title is theirs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.