It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Along with MacAllister,he would have been the most direct replacement for Gundo.

As it is....we have gone for similar,but with slightly more aggression as opposed to silkiness,in Kovacic.
Funny, I think he and Kovacic are more alike than either is like Gundo.

I do not subscribe to the "we are moving too slow" hysteria. That said, players on holiday seems an unsatisfactory excuse in my opinion. Because byhere is the obvious question one can ask, are the players for other teams "who are strengthening whil moving out their surplus players" not on holidays? Since they are too. It's unconvincing to say we are moving slow because of holidays that don't seem to affect other teams.

We are moving slow because we have different constraints than other teams. Sounds a better answer to me.

Of course. The whole transfer forum is its own little ecosystem of cliches and it's rare that any of them hold up to even the slightest scrutiny. One of my favourites is the classic "we'll announce it at 6pm for maximum exposure."

Truth be told, I just wanted to get a pop in at the mouthbreathers who moan about Txiki every year. It's like some of them think there are three employees at the club.

If Bernie goes to Saudi then it was never about lifestyle, it was always about money

If it was simply about money then he'd have signed an improved deal years ago.

It's also worth pointing out that nobody on here has a fucking clue what he wants in life. People have been banging on for years about everything from him wanting to be closer to Portugal, to his gold digging wife, like they have any idea whatsoever.

The bottom line is this:

1. It's none of our fucking business.

2. There are countless better places to live than Manchester, whether they're near Portugal or not.

3. What he decides to do with his career from this point on shouldn't influence his standing amongst City fans.

I get so fucking sick and tired of these desperate attempts to vilify every player who wants to leave us before they're past their peak.

If Bernie goes to Saudi then it was never about lifestyle, it was always about money
If, and it’s still a big if, he leaves for Saudi, then it’s hard to say that it wouldn’t be about the about money.

But could you blame somebody who has been here six years, and won everything, for leaving if they are offered five, six times what they are currently earning? And when we get the money we want for him as well?

Doesn’t sound like a bad deal to me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.