It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Stop talking sense!
Everybody knows that City have got the biggest squad around - the media are constantly telling us so. We have got trillions of players to call upon if needed.
The only reason we have a "smaller" squad is solely due it being Peps preference.
In theory, all squads could be the same.

Yes give then a chance but don't thrust them straight into a major role in the team, even Foden wasn't put straight in as a replacement, it was over time, same with Lewis he's not been thrown in as a replacement he's had a couple of appearances. Mahrez has come up with crucial performances over the years for us in the Champions league and Premier league, you don't just throw an academy kid into that role as a replacement.

Palmer is a first team squad player who has been getting chances. I don’t class him in the same bracket as our younger academy players.

Mahrez last season wasn’t playing and was often on the bench. Palmer could take those minutes. We’d still have Foden, Alvarez and Bernardo for the right. If they’re good enough, why not.

Last edited:
The only reason we have a "smaller" squad is solely due it being Peps preference.
In theory, all squads could be the same.
But we still spend our revenue.

One of the reasons we had consistently high quality players, while Liverpool, with similar revenue, had plenty of landfill, is because our squad was smaller.

One of the reasons we had consistently high quality players, while Liverpool, with similar revenue, had plenty of landfill, is because our squad was smaller
Exactly.
Peps preference is for a small playing squad.
That's why it is so hard for the likes of Palmer to get a lot of gametime.
The standard of the players in front of him are first class.
Other clubs have a three or four good players and after that the standard drops down.
We have had players like DeBruyne Haaland, Kompany, Dias as Premier keague players of the year.
Mahrez was one with Leicester.
In theory, we would have much the same sized squad as everyone else but we don't fill it up with youngsters

Are you honestly saying struggling to finish in the top 4? At least your post helps identify some of the hardcore flappers in the likes box...
Yes. I do think that scenario is possible. I hate to repeat myself, but two seasons ago Liverpool finished one point behind us, were CL finalists and won two domestic cups. They lost one of their most important players and then finished in fifth. There are enough quality and hungry sides in the PL for me to believe we will not be given anything easily. Is it likely that we finish outside the top 4? No, of course not. But let’s not give bad luck a chance

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.