It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

I was playing it cool, but it's ridiculous to see everyone else's shabby accounting yet again come up 'everyfing gud!', yet again. You lot are remarkable. Sure, don't winge. Whatever. Be honest, smallest squad in the PL says something, doesn't it.

Now there's Gundo, Laporte, Cancelo, Mahrez, Walker going. So many starts in that bunch! All reliable at elite CL level.

How many minutes? 14000. The equivalent of 155 full games. One hundred and fifty five starts. Gone.

That leaves Pep 4 whole players short. Absolutely pared to the bone accounting of the loss there. I could argue 5, easily. But let's say the loss is 4 players. 4 players each putting in more minutes in all comps than either Bernado or KDB did last year.

Let's not forget, when this started, the brief was the Kovacic was NOT Gundo's replacement. He was an essential purchase to make up the numbers in midfield, which had been pitifully short for 3 years, leading to KDB playing on one leg for the last month of the season - as well as potentially playing a part in Gundo saying he'd take the easy life in Spain.

So I'm pretty sure Pep will want Gvardiol + a winger, AND 1 more defender, AND 1 more midfielder.

MAYBE just one winger or midfielder. MAYBE. Either way, we oughtn't to worry about THB, McAtee and others getting time. They will.

Still not sure Phillips stays. Two years out is just crazy IMHO. Nice kid. "Nice". Has he got the fire? Hmm. Would honestly be more impressed if he's said a lot less. Far too easy to make the easy option of coasting sound like something else. What is the point in a player who clocks less than 600 minutes?
Yeah we're clearly doing something wrong. I say we lose every competition we're in next season and then maybe we can sign some better players than we currently have. Not like we have the best English team of all time or anything.

At this current moment we lost Gundo and gained Kovacic. Our older players are rumored to be leaving as they probably won't have the fire in them to battle as hard as they did in the past. We're getting value for them when they would likely leave for nothing in the next 2 years. Be patient. I'd rather wait a year and sign Haaland than plug a hole with Kane for 2 seasons. Maybe we haven't identified the perfect profile yet. Maybe we're waiting for the outgoings to be confirmed before surprising Napoli with a Kvaradona bid. Maybe Pep wants to step into midfield this season to give other clubs a chance.

Everything is gud!

I was playing it cool, but it's ridiculous to see everyone else's shabby accounting yet again come up 'everyfing gud!', yet again. You lot are remarkable. Sure, don't winge. Whatever. Be honest, smallest squad in the PL says something, doesn't it.

Now there's Gundo, Laporte, Cancelo, Mahrez, Walker going. So many starts in that bunch! All reliable at elite CL level.

How many minutes? 14000. The equivalent of 155 full games. One hundred and fifty five starts. Gone.

That leaves Pep 4 whole players short. Absolutely pared to the bone accounting of the loss there. I could argue 5, easily. But let's say the loss is 4 players. 4 players each putting in more minutes in all comps than either Bernado or KDB did last year.

Let's not forget, when this started, the brief was the Kovacic was NOT Gundo's replacement. He was an essential purchase to make up the numbers in midfield, which had been pitifully short for 3 years, leading to KDB playing on one leg for the last month of the season - as well as potentially playing a part in Gundo saying he'd take the easy life in Spain.

So I'm pretty sure Pep will want Gvardiol + a winger, AND 1 more defender, AND 1 more midfielder.

MAYBE just one winger or midfielder. MAYBE. Either way, we oughtn't to worry about THB, McAtee and others getting time. They will.

Still not sure Phillips stays. Two years out is just crazy IMHO. Nice kid. "Nice". Has he got the fire? Hmm. Would honestly be more impressed if he's said a lot less. Far too easy to make the easy option of coasting sound like something else. What is the point in a player who clocks less than 600 minutes?

I think the Sane thing is interesting. If he has desire to be a part of this, to listen and improve, I'd love to take the chance... but how do you know how strong the desire will prove to be? What happens if he flops? How do we know that he isn't just after a way out of a tough spot at Bayern? Forget his shortcomings, the atmosphere there has been febrile and unstable at points this year.

Rayan Cherki would be a dream signing of we had to lose Mahrez or Bernie.

Amazing two footed playmaking winger, mostly RW.

He was 19 last season, and in Ligue 1 I think only Messi surpaased him in Shot Creating Actions per 90, and his Expected Assists was stupidly high as well.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230717_144148_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230717_144148_Chrome.jpg
    656.1 KB · Views: 44
Yeah we're clearly doing something wrong. I say we lose every competition we're in next season and then maybe we can sign some better players than we currently have. Not like we have the best English team of all time or anything.
Don't bother people with empty sarcasm, there's a good lad.

Things go well, things go less well. Decisions and planning. Achievements. Not the same thing. Most things are unclear. Debatable. Worth exploring, expanding upon, explaining.

You feel the need to beat every statement into a simple yay or nay vote, black or white, for or against, us or them, cheerleader or complainer, then you have my sympathy.

W
Yes. I do think that scenario is possible. I hate to repeat myself, but two seasons ago Liverpool finished one point behind us, were CL finalists and won two domestic cups. They lost one of their most important players and then finished in fifth. There are enough quality and hungry sides in the PL for me to believe we will not be given anything easily. Is it likely that we finish outside the top 4? No, of course not. But let’s not give bad luck a chance
Am I going to say impossible? Nothing is impossible but a finish out of the top 4 would be considered a catastrophe for City. In fact, I'm thinking Gvardiol comes in and if Mahrez and Walker leave we'll add a couple of A level players to the squad and look to be even better this coming season. The squad, as is, is already better than any other squad in the Prem IMHO and I'm expecting it to get better before the window closes. A projected first 11 of Ederson, Akanji, Dias, Gvardiol, Rodri, Stones, Grealish, DeBruyne, Bernardo, Foden, Haaland trumps anyone in the Prem and in Europe. If Mahrez were to be replaced by Valverde one could start engraving the trophies...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.