It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

The players return from holiday, today, and we 'potentially' lose none of the players mentioned (Gundogan apart).

Bobb, McAtee, Lewis, Palmer and Doyle are all shouting for their chance. Even if all of the players mentioned leave, which is highly unlikely, the worst situation possible is that we enter the season with this squad.

Ederson/Ortega
Lewis, Stones, Dias, Ake, Akanji, Harwood-Bellis,
KDB, Foden, Grealish, Rodri, Kovacic, McAtee, Doyle, Perrone, Gomez, Bobb, Palmer.
Haaland, Alvarez

Personally, I would be happy to enter the season exactly like that. If we add some, it's a bonus. And, it is without adding any more academy talent into the mix, like Borges, Mebude, or Galvez, to name only three.
I think if you added Gvardiol and kept Laporte and Bernardo I’d be happy enough, otherwise looks light

Don’t bother people with ridiculous, short sentences. There’s a good lad.
Lost here - is that a jibe at me?

Cos... despite my meandering prose being a fair target, it definitely managed to still go over my head. Oh, well, nah, you're right. I'm a patronising tit.

Still.

Christ it isn’t even the end of term yet

I know - just wait til the teachers get off.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is fire and there is totally destroying what we have built up since Pep arrived with one new shiny player. Let's not go down the complete stupidity route and buy every player on the market.

The players return from holiday, today, and we 'potentially' lose none of the players mentioned (Gundogan apart).

Bobb, McAtee, Lewis, Palmer and Doyle are all shouting for their chance. Even if all of the players mentioned leave, which is highly unlikely, the worst situation possible is that we enter the season with this squad.

Ederson/Ortega
Lewis, Stones, Dias, Ake, Akanji, Harwood-Bellis,
KDB, Foden, Grealish, Rodri, Kovacic, McAtee, Doyle, Perrone, Gomez, Bobb, Palmer.
Haaland, Alvarez

Personally, I would be happy to enter the season exactly like that. If we add some, it's a bonus. And, it is without adding any more academy talent into the mix, like Borges, Mebude, or Galvez, to name only three.

if you look at this squad, the only pro player on the bench is Alvarez...

This will be very difficult season. Newcastle and Arsenal are stronger, Liverpool as well.
Chelsea has that Pochetinio guy and one tournament to play. United will be stronger.
Tottenham seems to be an underdog, but they have potential to surprise all of us.

So going into that season with that bench will be a suicide..
On the paper we all have hopes for these young guys, but in a difficult PL period, when someone is injured,
let's say Kovacic and you play Rico there or Doyle - there is a big chance you will loose important points.

That's why we need Pavard, Guardiol, Phillips and Sane. At least 5-6 pro players from the bench and 5-6 young players, to have some balance. Other ones should be loaned.

The time to start panicking is if we still only have Kovacic as a new signing by August 30th
And we flogged Bernardo Silva for peanuts. And replaced him with Daichi Kamada. Or decided to cash in on Erling Haaland at the end of the transfer window to either PSG, Real Madrid or on loan to Barcelona.

Last edited:
Still think we are a top class midfielder short, seems FDJ & Kimmich are out of the question but we obviously want one after bidding for Bellingham and Rice? Would love us to bang a £100m inc add ons for Caicedo asap to try and beat the chavs to him.

I saw someone talking about Palmer loan to Brighton. Maybe if they are interested in this direction we can loan/sell them some kids + cash for Caicedo? He can play CM and RB. Wage low. Young.

Is this the same Gus who was on the board a year or so ago then went off the face of the earth? If I remember correctly he was very abrupt then but we all got used to his tone eventually and his posts became very informative and genuine.

Does (did) take it all a bit serious, though…

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.