It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

I think Kovacic is more realisitic but that all depends on wether he extends his contract at Chelsea. MacAllister would be priced out.

Last edited:
Reactions: JDV
Not that I think it matters but I imagine Kovacic is on significantly higher wages than Mac Allister?

Bellingham, Mac Allister, Gvardiol (not completely convinced by him but a natural replacement if Laporte leaves), a left back and a winger would be a fantastic transfer window.

It's exactly this. Kovacic is the fall-back (cheaper) option.

It’s good to hear we’ve learned from the Cucurella scenario (in which it has to be said the Club’s stance has been more than vindicated by the singularly dreadful start to his Chelsea career), and have identified a fall back this time.

Try for Mac Allister by all means - he’s a fantastic player - but if Brighton start pissing about and completely over-valuing him like they did with Cucurella, move on quickly and get the back up in place for pre-season.

I don't think Kovacic isn't on higher wages than we pay our players at the minute. But if he wants that then we probably look elsewhere. The other issue with Kovacic is agent fees and signing on fees on top.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.