It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

@tolmie's hairdoo I can only think of 1 reason why this has gone from done to tension..

A deal was initially agreed and then RB Leipzig wanted more cash like other clubs have tried to do with us before.

I will not be surprised to say City say FUCK OFF and walk away to teach Leipzig a lesson.

And with Dias, Stones, Akanji, Ake, Laporte.. can anyone really blame City?? We're already solid on CB's.. we don't really need 1 more especially with THB and Callum Doyle buybacks if they pan out.

The only thing I'm stressed about is midfield and wingers and shipping of Cancelo.. I would like to see 1 more addition there.

Pep wants him for the left side. How good Ake was last season he's not a natural in attack. He's a brilliant defender but he can't do what Gvardiol can in an attacking sense. Gvardiol improves the left hand side maybe not defensively but in an attacking way he improves us. Gives us another weapon to hurt teams with. None of the cbs you mentioned have that attacking side to their game, Gvardiols a hybrid between LCB and LB also has the ability to play that Stones role from the left as well. He was and is Leipzigs main creator with szoboszlai last season.

Last edited:
Ducker saying selling up to 120m in players is why we can spend big!? So teams like Villa Arsenal rags and spurs spending tens of millions some 100 of millions over the last few years while there net spend is high but if we had no sales we couldn’t spend big seems a bit far fetched!
It gets expensive when your handing out tens of millions in trophy bonuses. Those other clubs dont know anything about that.

Ducker saying selling up to 120m in players is why we can spend big!? So teams like Villa Arsenal rags and spurs spending tens of millions some 100 of millions over the last few years while there net spend is high but if we had no sales we couldn’t spend big seems a bit far fetched!
Great having a big budget but when you look at the quality (a lot of average) of those players who are available and what the clubs will demand for them (overpriced) and citys determination not to pay past their valuation (rightly) then it all adds up to meaning not a lot. We were told we had hundreds of millions last summer and season before as well, but it didn’t translate into us spending that money even when it was believed we needed a lb and striker

Pep wants him for the left side. How good Ake was last season he's not a natural in attack. He's a brilliant defender but he can't do what Gvardiol can in an attacking sense. Gvardiol improves the left hand side maybe not defensively but in an attacking way he improves us. Gives us another weapon to hurt teams with. None of the cbs you mentioned have that attacking side to their game, Gvardiols a hybrid between LCB and LB also has the ability to play that Stones role from the left as well. He was and is Leipzigs main creator with szoboszlai last season.

It’s very small margins. I’d argue Ake was one of the best defenders in Europe last season and with him we won everything. Even with his ‘lack of attacking’ ability that you mention.

He looks a really good player, but I don’t think we are going to dramatically improve with him. It’s probably more of a long term signing

@tolmie's hairdoo I can only think of 1 reason why this has gone from done to tension..

A deal was initially agreed and then RB Leipzig wanted more cash like other clubs have tried to do with us before.

I will not be surprised to say City say FUCK OFF and walk away to teach Leipzig a lesson.

And with Dias, Stones, Akanji, Ake, Laporte.. can anyone really blame City?? We're already solid on CB's.. we don't really need 1 more especially with THB and Callum Doyle buybacks if they pan out.

The only thing I'm stressed about is midfield and wingers and shipping of Cancelo.. I would like to see 1 more addition there.
Not specific to you, but I keep seeing people suggest that Gvardiol is something of a luxury, that we're not in need of another centre back because we have 5 already.

That would be all well and good if we only played 2 of those at a time, but 4 of the 5 players you mention started in the CL Final. Even if Laporte wasn't on his way out, we'd still need reinforcements.

Laporte isn't the same player he was a couple of years ago, in Pep's eyes at least. He can't play the role of Ake out on the left - hence Pep preferring to play Akanji out there. He's wanted out for a while now, and he's far less important to this side than Bernardo, or even Walker or Mahrez.

The reason the club have targeted Gvardiol specifically is because he can play multiple roles in our back 3/4. He can slot in for Ake, Dias or even Stones.

He is to defenders what Haaland is to strikers, or Bellingham is to midfielders. I'd pay £100m for him, frankly, because he's so good and so young that you'll either get a decade of service out of him, or be able to sell him while he's still in his prime and recoup most of your money.

Winds me up when teams who are fined for FFP can spend without any issues

And the fact we haven’t walked tells me we are happy to pay it. Just getting the structure sorted
Possible or we aren't completely happy with their valuation (although I assume it will increase with next season's release clause) and are prepared to pull the plug. None of really knows what is going on.

Possible or we aren't completely happy with their valuation (although I assume it will increase with next season's release clause) and are prepared to pull the plug. None of really know what is really going on.
Yeah I get that. Just how quick we were in and out with the Rice deal I think we would have heard it’s off. But I guess it’s a negotiation tactic for sure. Who else is going to pay that much for him? If they want the money it’s us

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.