It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Only worry I have next season is injuries. We were lucky last season that we didn’t have many serious ones, but with players in the squad that have had massive fitness problems in the past, last season was an anomaly for some. The squads small an injury to a key player in the first eleven could weaken us significantly.

Last edited:
Only worry I have next season is injuries. We were lucky last season that we didn’t have many serious ones, but with players in the squad that have had massive fitness problems in the past, last season was an anomaly for some. The squads small an injury to a key player in the first eleven could weaken us significantly.

Isn’t that the same for any squad? I don’t think having basically two first teams works. Pep prefers a smaller squad and I think it makes more sense. You can’t keep all the players happy with a large squad - our best players start all the biggest games

That's exactly the vibe I'm getting. Feels like we're being complacent.
The difference is that there is a very small pool that will improve what we have. Does the club make a similar signing to the rags with Mount, £60m for a player who wouldn't be much different to Phillips situation. Giving McAtee/ Bobb & Palmer (if he doesn't go out on a season loan) a real chance will show where we are with the academy lads.

I've also said this and the club needs to be aware. Luckily we do have a lot of versatile and intelligent players

Isn’t that the same for any squad? I don’t think having basically two first teams works. Pep prefers a smaller squad and I think it makes more sense. You can’t keep all the players happy with a large squad - our best players start all the biggest games
I hate this type of arguments. No one wants to have two first teams. But if you think there is no problem with the squad we have right now, I don't know what to tell you. I assure Pep is not satisfied with the size of the squad now.

Right now, we have 13 players who can fight for a starting position. After those 13 players the quality drops significantly. If someone fron the future tells me that none of those 13 will get injured in the season, then sure our squad is good, but that is very unlikely.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.