It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

We’ve know Mahrez was going to Saudi for weeks!?!

Personally think we’ve been caught off guard with Mahrez going and we won’t rush into a replacement because we’ve not done the usual groundwork that goes with finding a target. Txiki and the club don’t panic buy and will just wait it out.

Unless we go with what we already know…Leroy. But I doubt it.

Fine with it, me, if it means Foden gets more minutes out there.

Personally think we’ve been caught off guard with Mahrez going and we won’t rush into a replacement because we’ve not done the usual groundwork that goes with finding a target. Txiki and the club don’t panic buy and will just wait it out.

It’s always known behind the scenes before anything is in the media mate? The squad needs a body or two and Mahrez needs replaced?

That’s my view on it and it’s where we have relied on Pep’s magic to get the right system.

Mahrez was given a 2 year extension and I think it was the clubs plan for him to stay, but when he wanted to go (which he did for the huge wages), we said to bring a fair offer (which he did).

Whilst it is quite easy to find out the best, well known wingers. City seem to go deep into character and other factors. This all takes time.

We have not rushed time and time again, waited a season extra with Kompany/ Fernandinho/ Aguero to ensure we get the right players, we ended up with Dias/ Rodri/ Haaland.

When you read it that way, you can see the benefit of waiting.

According to Gaughan himself, City have looked for a winger since January/February.

He wanted to go. We got great money for him. We have plenty options for the right. Mahrez was hardly getting a game last season. We have cash and space to expand/ develop into.. That’s how I see it. I think that’s why..
Hardly getting minutes is simply a blatant lie. He played a huge amount of football. Also I keep hearing that apparently Bernardo/foden are our options on the right, but they're also our options to replace gundo, they're also the backup for jack.. where are you people getting that many more minutes out of these 2 seen how they both played a TON of minutes as it is last season! At some point you need more personnel

Hardly getting minutes is simply a blatant lie. He played a huge amount of football. Also I keep hearing that apparently Bernardo/foden are our options on the right, but they're also our options to replace gundo, they're also the backup for jack.. where are you people getting that many more minutes out of these 2 seen how they both played a TON of minutes as it is last season! At some point you need more personnel
He didn’t start in the big games. We have to move on, it’s business. I see you didn’t address any of my other points. If you disagree, that’s cool. He is 31, we will be fine..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.