It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

We lost a talented player, but one that plays in the exact position that is most critical for Pep and the exact position that normally sees little to no rotation.
Okay but my initial post was mainly in response to the poster saying "Rodri is being flogged, AGAIN!" which he is.

My point is that if Rodri does get burn't out or injured at the most important part of the season, then we're in trouble, as we have no reliable backup for his position.
The lad we signed is nowhere near ready to play there, so if Lavia had chosen to stay, i believe he would have got the opportunity to play, that's all.

I think Lavia is a great prospect, and was one of our EDS standouts, but I recently watched a game where he lost the ball, resulting in a counter-attack and, to be frank, he did very little to win it back: he was jogging while the attack moved further and further from him. If that was Phillips, he would be absolutely castigated on here. Now, that is not to say that Lavia would not make it here, or that he cannot go on to be a truly great player - he has the raw materials - but the standards here are different, the attention is different, and the expectations are different.

Okay but my initial post was mainly in response to the poster saying "Rodri is being flogged, AGAIN!" which he is.

My point is that if Rodri does get burn't out or injured at the most important part of the season, then we're in trouble, as we have no reliable backup for his position.
The lad we signed is nowhere near ready to play there, so if Lavia had chosen to stay, i believe he would have got the opportunity to play, that's all.
I agree he is being run into the ground also but I trust the club and Pep are making informed decisions here with a lot of scientific data to back it up.

If Pep refuses to give Phillips any game time, I don't see how Lavia would have got it. Lavia is very talented but he is not Foden level of talent where age was irrelevant and even then, if Foden had been a CDM he probably wouldn't played anyway.

Genuine question…if he’s not registered, is he now free to talk to clubs?

La Liga will return Gavi’s status to that of a Barcelona academy player in the latest chapter of a long-running legal dispute over the registration of the new contract he agreed in September.

When the 18-year-old signed a contract extension in September until 2026, he was still registered as an academy player.

The new deal included a clause that would allow him to leave as a free agent if Barca had not registered him as a first-team player by June 30, 2023. Barca could only change his status to that of a first-team player during a transfer window.

By late January, they had not managed to do so, with La Liga stating it could not be done as Barca were in breach of their salary limit rules.Just before the end of the January transfer window, Barca decided to seek a legal ruling, acting without La Liga’s knowledge, to try and force the competition body to register him as a first-team player.

Time to swoop!!
Exactly. I am surprised the Gavi thread is not getting more attention under these circumstances. Gavi is like Vinicius or Davies, so I am sure he wouldn't want to leave his club, BUT he might have no choice, and we can sweeten the deal with one of the Gundo/Laporte/Bernardo if they want out. He is genuinely a generational talent, so we should be all over this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.