It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

This guy would be a great signing, not the perfect pep player but would give us something different and pep could improve him with him being young. Mainly plays from the right but can do a job on the left, yes from me

He plays on both flanks, which makes him an ideal target. Decent weak foot, apparently Tolm mentions Kev suggested him to us last year as someone to keep an eye on so I wouldn’t be surprised.

He's very similar to Grealish stat wise. Could be why we want him for the right wing

He plays on both flanks, which makes him an ideal target. Decent weak foot, apparently Tolm mentions Kev suggested him to us last year as someone to keep an eye on so I wouldn’t be surprised.

IIRC Kev also wanted us to get Lukaku instead of Kane or Haaland (also accoriding to @tolmie's hairdoo) so that’s not quite the endorsement you think it is.

It's also a bit of an exaggeration to suggest he said City fans in any kind of numbers were racist. He was questioning why Mahrez isn't as popular as some other players (which is true), and suggested a number of reasons. One was that maybe some fans didn't "relate" to him as a North African Muslim.

He also said straight away "Of course, that will not be a factor for many".

I honestly don't see how controversial that is. After all, we've just had weeks of being told that everyone loves Jack Grealish, and one of the most common words used is "relatable". Mahrez, as a North African Muslim clearly isn't going to be getting drunk and partying, and his interviews aren't going to be as "relatable" to the typical City fan = whether that makes him less loved by some is probably a reasonable point.

You could argue that there was no need to raise the point, as it's obvious that plenty of fans would be racist, but only because plenty of society is racist. I'd probably give him the benefit of the doubt as Riyad is unusually marmite - strangely in my opinion given he's always been one of our more effective and exciting players to watch.

"Wouldn't be a factor for many .....". You don't have a problem with that? Many? Not the vast majority, not almost all, but many? Was it the wrong word, in which case he isn't very good at expressing himself, which I would have thought was a minimum requirement for his job, or was it the right word in which case he is a twat for suggesting it. I am going for twat based on his previous output.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.