It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

The thing that makes me scratch my head is that if Gomez and Palmer had been playing for anyone else and then performed like they did at the U-21’s then everyone would have been talking about them as possible high quality buys for us. Yet suddenly they are now nowhere near good enough.
Perfectly possible to look good at a lower level, like a pretty poor U21 tournament, and still not be good enough for what we need in the here and now, week in week out.

I think Palmer has definitely got the talent to play for us, but personally I think he could benefit more from a loan this season so he can get some proper game time. Being in the squad and getting the odd game didn’t really work for him last year so maybe he needs a different approach this season to give himself the best chance.

Gomez I’m less convinced about - he’s not a left back and looks better further forward, but is he going to be good enough to play midfield for us?

Your panicking a bit too early the windows not shut.

Also Liverpool don't even have a DM yet. There transfer business is incomplete.

Once gvardiol signed we don't have a squad space so outgoings are required too. I expect things start moving now where back off preseason tour.
If Gvardiol come in sure we don’t need Laporte in the CL squad (how many central defenders do we need) and as such there’s one space still to fill….PL spaces are greater than CL so at worst we could keep Laporte for the PL and maybe gives him incentive to look for another club as I have a feeling there’s currently only 3-4 clubs in world he’d accept

Olise is injured for starters. And there is probably not much difference in quality betweeen the two players and Doku would be a cheaper signing.
Olise fits the profile more. We signed Gundogan injured, not a major issue. League experience is important. Doku just doesn’t play enough to warrant 50 mil

Bobb to Ajax makes me think they might be about to part with Mohammed Kudus, explosive & versatile 22 y/o midfielder and attacker. Linked with Arsenal. Would be an interesting choice for a Pep team. Definitely something different in his play.

Bobb to Ajax makes me think they might be about to part with Mohammed Kudus, explosive & versatile 22 y/o midfielder and attacker. Linked with Arsenal. Would be an interesting choice for a Pep team. Definitely something different in his play.
You mean Borges?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.