It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Why is it that 19-21 year old players like doku, viega, cherki, barcola who play in second rate teams, can be moulded by Pep, but players like Palmer, Bobb, of a similar age playing for a top club and already learning from Pep, can't?

Don't get me wrong, I think we need a serious player to replace Mahrez, who was a top player coming to the end of his prime. And I just don't think Palmer or Bobb are ready to play that significant a role for us. But I also don't get the excitement over these young, untested, unproven players who also imo are nowhere near the level needed.
i don't know the capabilities of any of these players but surely the answer is potential?

Why is it that 19-21 year old players like doku, viega, cherki, barcola who play in second rate teams, can be moulded by Pep, but players like Palmer, Bobb, of a similar age playing for a top club and already learning from Pep, can't?

Don't get me wrong, I think we need a serious player to replace Mahrez, who was a top player coming to the end of his prime. And I just don't think Palmer or Bobb are ready to play that significant a role for us. But I also don't get the excitement over these young, untested, unproven players who also imo are nowhere near the level needed.

Palmer (only for me) seems to lack a feeling of belonging at this current City level team mate? Also seems to be injured alot? Bobb is just so young and could maybe do with following the Callum Doyle route and maybe going on loan to say Leicester?

I will hang my hat on Palmer/Bobb being good enough to replace Mahrez, as long as they get proper game time. You cannot expect players to properly develop in twenty minute appearances, ten times a season.
So you loan them out ,where they can get a lot of playing time if City can´t offer it.Bobb is young ,he doesnt need to play every game.

So you loan them out ,where they can get a lot of playing time if City can´t offer it.Bobb is young ,he doesnt need to play every game.

Exactly right. Let them develop elsewhere and be some other team’s issue if they’re not good enough. If they show they are City first team regular level then get them back, if not, sell to a championship club or wherever. We need players who we know can do the business this season, not cost us points while we see if they’re good or not.

Exactly right. Let them develop elsewhere and be some other team’s issue if they’re not good enough. If they show they are City first team regular level then get them back, if not, sell to a championship club or wherever. We need players who we know can do the business this season, not cost us points while we see if they’re good or not.

What about the guy who left us to take the Leicester job? He will know Bobb really well and could maybe give him game time is a competitive league?

Simple. Shiny new toy syndrome.

What someone else has is better than what we've got, therefore it is desirable, with little logic/fact involved.

The longer we go without signing someone, the more "anyone will do!" becomes the prevailing narrative on the Transfer Forum.

Always entertaining though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.