It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

i don't know the capabilities of any of these players but surely the answer is potential?

I don't doubt there is potential. There is potential in Palmer and Bobb too. If we aren't getting an established senior player, I'd rather see one or both of them get a shot. Rather than a new player of a similar age and level who will need time to be 'moulded' by Pep before he can start having an imact.

Palmer (only for me) seems to lack a feeling of belonging at this current City level team mate? Also seems to be injured alot? Bobb is just so young and could maybe do with following the Callum Doyle route and maybe going on loan to say Leicester?
Oh he lacks a felling of belonging, does he? Something that these mid table league 1/la liga players are likely to have?
Bobb is just one year younger than Palmer, who many expected to break through last season.

Simple. Shiny new toy syndrome.

What someone else has is better than what we've got, therefore it is desirable, with little logic/fact involved.

The longer we go without signing someone, the more "anyone will do!" becomes the prevailing narrative on the Transfer Forum.

Always entertaining though.
Oh yes that's it - Tranfer strategies explained.
Shiny New Toy Syndrome. Inciteful.
Which players we signed that improved us weren't Shiny New Toys?

I don't doubt there is potential. There is potential in Palmer and Bobb too. If we aren't getting an established senior player, I'd rather see one or both of them get a shot. Rather than a new player of a similar age and level who will need time to be 'moulded' by Pep before he can start having an imact.
What I mean is that those outside of the club having a higher potential that those in the acadamy

Oh yes that's it - Tranfer strategies explained.
Shiny New Toy Syndrome. Inciteful.
Which players we signed that improved us weren't Shiny New Toys?
That’s the most boring cliché of the transfer window. I read “shiny new toy” written as an attack line and I struggle to take anything seriously from whoever writes it. I also find it funny when people equate any 19 or 20 year old. Oh, why are we signing a 19 year old when we have a 19 year old already?… Another very sophisticated point.
There are good suggestions and bad suggestions when it comes to transfers, and they can be endorsed or criticized without referring to the nature of the suggestions itself.

Why is it that 19-21 year old players like doku, viega, cherki, barcola who play in second rate teams, can be moulded by Pep, but players like Palmer, Bobb, of a similar age playing for a top club and already learning from Pep, can't?

Don't get me wrong, I think we need a serious player to replace Mahrez, who was a top player coming to the end of his prime. And I just don't think Palmer or Bobb are ready to play that significant a role for us. But I also don't get the excitement over these young, untested, unproven players who also imo are nowhere near the level needed.

I get your point - doesn't make a lot of sense to buy project players when we have project players at home - but I'd definitely argue that the players you've listed have more top level experience then any of our youth players. They've also had more of an impact in their leagues than either Palmer or Bobb, at the same age, while playing for Rennes, Lyon & Celta Vigo. This might be why we are rumoured to be interested in them and people then gravitate to highlight reels, which show skills, goals & assists in the first teams. Doku's also played for the national team and plays unlike the others.

Palmer needs to be playing more minutes and loan would be great for him to get that. Bobb should stay in the squad and get cup minutes - he seems really calm on the ball.

That’s the most boring cliché of the transfer window. I read “shiny new toy” written as an attack line and I struggle to take anything seriously from whoever writes it. I also find it funny when people equate any 19 or 20 year old. Oh, why are we signing a 19 year old when we have a 19 year old already?… Another very sophisticated point.
There are good suggestions and bad suggestions when it comes to transfers, and they can be endorsed or criticized without referring to the nature of the suggestions itself.
Don't forget the ultimate put down, '"spoilt".

we wanted Bellingham and Rice, no way imo we can go into the season with Kovacic as the only midfield arrival. if we Gundo accepts our 2 year offer he would have remained a starter and also we still bring in Kovacic for added rotation.
maybe if we get Gundo to extend and Bellingham says to us then we dont pull the trigger on Kovacic. but still huge question marks on Phillips.

now Gundo is off, both Rice and Bellingham ended up at a PL and CL rival, while KDB a year older what can easily turn into more injuries and we are heavily realiant on his ability to create especially with Gundo off and thats lot of clutch goals less. for him to come off the bench vs Villa to win us the league last game with a brace and that FA semis recently to pull off two long shot goals to shock Seven Hag, that will be missed

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.